Wednesday, June 4, 2014

What's Up Wednesday 6/4/14

What's Up Wednesday is a weekly meme for readers and writers to give updates on what's happening in their lives. If you want to find out to find out more check out Jamie Morrow's blog and sign up.



What I'm Reading: Oops. I didn't read this week. I've been so busy with these edits and stuff, I just kind of forgot...

What I'm Writing: I'm so close with these edits. It's defiantly taking longer than I thought. I'm adding bits and smoothing out transitions. I knocked out a large chunk the other day and then the next day I barely dented it. It's really a mental thing. I honestly need one more day like that. But I am participating in Ready, Set, Write, that might be the kick in the pants I need.

What Inspires Me Right Now: 
 I've been chatting with some writers around my age  from Camp NaNoWriMo. We met through the forums and really clicked. It's great talking with writers and bouncing ideas off them. They're really going to help me with the

What Else and I've Been Up To: 
I'm not as bored now that I have my writing group. I still miss, you know, human contact, but it's nice to have people to talk to. We've been sharing book recommendations and It's great to talk with people who are in the same age group that have a serious love for writing. Especially ones who understand the stress of college and writing. I'm excited to see what's in store.
I'M GOING TO SEE THE FAULT IN OUR STARS TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!
I bought my ticket to The Night Before Our Stars and I'm super excited. I'm going to ugly cry during this movie. I'm glad I'm going by myself because I don't want to cry in front of my friends.I'm so grateful that the fans are lucky enough to have this experience. I've been following John Green's vlogs throughout this journey, and if he loves the movie, I'll love the movie. A lot of book-to-film adaptations suck because they loose the essence of the books when translated to the screen. I don't care if scenes happen in the wrong place or "that's not how that line goes." As long as the movie understands the story it's telling and the impact it has on so many lives, than it will be fantastic.

What's up with you? How is your week going?

Happy Reading!

7 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see The Fault In Our Stars. I'll probably go this weekend if I can get tickets.

    Revising/editing is SUCH A BRAIN DRAIN. Like I'll work for a couple of hours on it and then just feel like my brain has melted. I can totally understand why you haven't read much if you're entrenched in that.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the film :)

    Glad you've found a group of like-minded writers. Sounds lovely ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous! I really want to see The Fault in Our Stars, I might have to make my mum go see it with me. I know I'm gonna cry, but that's what I loved about the book - any story that makes me cry has to be a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about needing another day to make some serious changes in your WiP. I'm there too. Here's hoping RSW is the kick in the patootie we both need! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited to see TFiOS but I'm not sure when I'll get the chance. And I'll probably have to drag my sister-in-law with me because I don't know anyone else who'd be interested.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get how your feel about knocking out a big chunk of the story then barely denting it the next day. It's such a roller coaster ride, isn't it? Creativity and productivity are sometimes fickle, unfortunately.

    I swore up and down that I wasn't going to see TFIOS at the theater because I know I'm going to ugly cry too, but I decided it was too important to miss. I handed mys on a copy of the book this week and we're hopefully going to see it this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best of luck with the edits! :)

    Enjoy The Fault in Our Stars! I can't wait to watch it.

    ReplyDelete