Monday, June 9, 2014

Ready, Set, Write: Goals

Ready, Set, Write is a weekly writing intensive hosted Jamie Marrow,  Erin Funk, Alison Miller,and Katy Upperman.
Over the next few months I will be checking in with Jamie and the gang to answer a few questions about my writing week. It's a great way to stay motivated and it might just be the kick in the pants I need to get my life in order.

The questions are:

1.  How I did on last week’s goals
2.  My goal(s) for this week
3.  A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised
4.  The biggest challenge I faced this week
5.  Something I love about my WIP

This first week, we are just stating or goals.

Week 1: Goals
Finish SoD edits before sending it to beta reader.
Start synopsis
Outline Camp NaNoWriMo Novel

Overall Goals:
Have SoD query ready.

Check back next week to see what lame excuses I come up with when I don't finish these edits.

16 comments:

  1. There won't be a need for lame excuses because you can totally do this! Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great goals! Excited to be doing this with everyone this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I'm the worst for lame excuses, but here's hoping neither of us has to make them because we met our goals. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No lame excuses! You will totally rock these goals, and if not, there's always next week. :-) Cheering you on, Leslie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! You can absolutely do this. You are so close!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Query ready is a good goal! Good luck this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with your goals this week - you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like some excellent goals! Queries and synopses are sometimes one of the hardest things to write. Huzzah and good luck! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck! I'm all YAY for the synopsis. If you'd said query..I would have cringed for you. I need one and am dreading it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome! This is perfect for you as you prep for Camp NaNoWrMo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Best of luck with your edits, synopsis, and outline. Writing a synopsis is tough, so I hope that goes well for you! I love outlining though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have some great goals for the week and they're totally doable. I have no doubt that you'll be very productive this week. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh fun, you're also doing Camp Nano? It will be my first time to try it out (other than the November one). I hope we can cheer each other on. I suppose I should write an outline for my idea but I'm terrible at them. Maybe a few brainstorming sessions.

    ReplyDelete
  14. looking forward to seeing your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck with your writing goals this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. No lame excuses - we're here to help you stay motivated! :) Good luck with your goals - you can do it!

    ReplyDelete