Wednesday, June 18, 2014

What's Up Wednesday 6/18/14

What's Up Wednesday is a weekly meme for readers and writers to give updates on what's happening in their lives. If you want to find out to find out more check out Jamie Morrow's blog and sign up.


What I'm Reading: I stated The Chaos of Stars by Kiersten White. It's really good, very different from Kiersten's other books. There is a lot of Egyptian mythology mixed in there. I know some basics thanks to my theatre history class and the TV show House of Anubis (don't judge me.)

What I'm Writing: As I mentioned earlier this week, I finished my edits and set them off to a beta reader. While I'm waiting, I'm polishing my synopsis and outlining my Camp NaNo novel for July.

What Inspires Me Right Now: 
 I'm just really excited to be working on this new project. One of my characters is from 17th century Japan. So I'm doing a lot of research on kabuki and the male performers for my character's backstory. I don't know how much will get in the novel, but it's just nice to know where the character came from.

What Else and I've Been Up To: 
Boredom. Sheer boredom. 

What's up with you? How is your week going?

Happy Reading!

8 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your project's inspiring you! I'm not going to have time for Camp NaNo next month, but I'll be cheering everyone on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to write a Japanese historical someday! Japanese history is so fun to read about. I think my favorite era is the Heian era, the last period of classical Japanese history.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with Camp NaNo! Researching Japanese culture sounds fascinating. It's always nice to be excited about a new project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love anything Kiersten White writes- she just has a great, fun voice!
    Sorry about the sheer boredom. Hopefully something exciting comes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your July planning :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, no judging from me! I saw House of Anubis on Netflix the other day and almost watched it. ;-) I've been wondering about THE CHAOS OF STARS for some time now. I'll have to give that one a read sometime soon. All of your research sounds fascinating! Hope this week is much less boring and all around great for you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking of doing Camp Nano also.

    Sounds like a fun project you'll be working on. And hey, we all need slow boring weeks from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A character from 17th century Japan? That sounds intriguing! As for the boredom, I guess that means more time to write! Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete