Ready, Set, Write is a weekly writing intensive hosted Jamie Marrow, Erin Funk, Alison Miller,and Katy Upperman.
Over the next few months I will be checking in with Jamie and the gang to answer a few questions about my writing week. It's a great way to stay motivated and it might just be the kick in the pants I need to get my life in order.
1. How I did on last week’s goals: I rocked it. I finished my edits and sent it off to a beta reader. I spent a
few hours to work on a two paged synopsis. I also started my outline for my Camp NaNoWriMo novel.
2. My goal(s) for this week: I'm keeping it simple this week. I'm going to continue on the outline and work on the synopsis.
3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised: This is the funniest mistake I found in my manuscript:: "I fell to the ground, the knife still impaling me abdomen."
4. The biggest challenge I faced this week: The biggest challenge I faced was defiantly the synopsis. It forever to boil down the main plot point. Now I need to make sure it makes sense and add a little voice.
5. Something I love about my WIP: Since I stated outlining my new WIP I really started to love my MC. I'm really interested in creating a main character who is malicious and doesn't change at the end of the novel. She's still going to be likable, but her actions and intentions throughout the novel aren't exactly pure.
What are you're goals this week?