Wednesday, June 11, 2014

What's Up Wednesday 6/11/14

What's Up Wednesday is a weekly meme for readers and writers to give updates on what's happening in their lives. If you want to find out to find out more check out Jamie Morrow's blog and sign up.


What I'm Reading: Does Tumblr count? haha. Um, yeah, I've been slacking on the reading portion. The edits are all I can think about. I bought several ebooks on sale and I'll start reading when I finish these edits. I promise.

What I'm Writing: I had a burst of motivation yesterday. While working on my edits I on a whim decided to restructure an entire chapter. I cut 1500 words, but the chapter flows much better now. Once that was out of the way, felt motivated to continue with the edits. I only have a couple chapters left!
Since Ready, Set, Write started the other day, I felt extra motivated. It's so great to have a community of writers cheer you on.

What Inspires Me Right Now: 
 I kind of hate myself for this, but I've been reading up on Query Shark these past couple days, just because. I am in no way shape or form ready to query. But reading these makes me feel better about myself. There were a lot of people who did't know what they're doing. I wish I read these when I was querying my first novel. I made so many rookie mistakes, I felt embarrassed. But the past is in the past. I'm inspired by the people who have used Query Shark to perfect their query letter and find representation.

What Else and I've Been Up To: 

For those of you who don't know. I'm a theatre kid. I majored in theatre in college and I love, love, love musicals. Sunday I watched the Tony Awards hosted by Hugh Jackman and I loved it. I just want to see all the shows. NPH killed it during his performance from Hedwig and the Angry Inch. I've been watching this on replay at least twice a day. 


What's up with you? How is your week going?

Happy Reading!

9 comments:

  1. Hooray for motivation! Crank those edits out :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh tumblr, taking up our time but yay on the writing burst!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you've been motivated! With querying, you can never do too much research, and I think everyone makes mistakes the first time around. Good luck editing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always keep up with Query Shark, too! My problem is I'm so not objective about my own query that I'm never quite sure if I'm breaking the rules. And I've gotten in the habit of writing a mock query for a WIP before I draft it to keep me on track with the book I wanted to write. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It can sometimes be so hard to part with that many words, but when it really helps the flow of your story, it totally feels worth it in the end. I'm happy you're finding such great motivation through RSW. So am I! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you made great progress on your book. You've inspired me.

    I wish I had found Query Shark earlier as well, but I'm glad I read the archives. It not only helped my query writing, it helped all of my writing. If I ever get published she'll be on the acknowledgement page ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for bursts of motivation! Cutting words is so tough, but it's great when the chapter flows better and is more polished for it. Hope that motivation continues for a good, long while!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on making progress with your edits! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Of course tumbler counts, it's reading!
    I'm excited for Ready? Set. Write! Love having a group going to motivate you along. Good luck with your edits.

    ReplyDelete