Monday, June 30, 2014

Ready, Set, Write! Preparing for Camp

Ready, Set, Write is a weekly writing intensive hosted Jamie Marrow,  Erin FunkAlison Miller,and Katy Upperman.
Over the next few months I will be checking in with Jamie and the gang to answer a few questions about my writing week.


1.  How I did on last week’s goals: I didn't touch my synopsis. I'm not worried though. I won't need it for a while. I did finally work out a ending for my July NaNo novel and it has a title: "Bring Me Your Dreams." So that's good.

2.  My goal(s) for this week: My goal this week is to write at least 1,667 words a day for my Camp NaNo novel. If you want to stay updated on my project and progress go here.

3.  A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised: 
“Humans are not your playthings," Xander said. "There’s a balance, an order.”

“Hop off the soapbox Golden Boy, you’re sounding like my father.”

4.  The biggest challenge I faced this week: The biggest challenge this week staying focused. Once I was away from the computer, I had my best ideas.

5.  Something I love about my WIP: I started working on minor characters for "Bring Me Your Dreams" and I really enjoyed coming up with backstorys for my MC's six brothers. Since she and her family are immortal, her brothers were born in different time periods and countries (Ancient Greece, China, England, France, India, and America). Lots of research ahead.

What are you're goals this week?

10 comments:

  1. Such a cool concept, to have those brothers born in different time periods!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had trouble staying focused this week too, Leslie. The summer sun makes it hard for me to concentrate. Best of luck with your Camp NaNo goals -- you can totally do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck with Camp NaNo and all the research! :) I often find I get ideas when I'm busy doing something else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your WiP sounds AWESOME! Love the backstory on the family! And good luck with Camp NaNo! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the snippet you share with us, and that story concept (with the 6 brothers from six different time periods and regions) sounds pretty cool! Staying focused is always an issue for me, so I feel your pain. Hope we're both a little more focused this week! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I'm a little jealous you have a title for your July Nano novel. I seem to be really hit or miss there and have no idea what to title mine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with Camp NaNo! I did it in April and it was such a productive month. I'm impressed that you have a title already. My WIP that I'm revising still doesn't have one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your story concept and the lines you shared. Intriguing! Good luck this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice excerpt! Loved that little snippet of dialogue. Also, great job on nailing down the ending and choosing a title! Good luck with your word count goal this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your nano novel sounds so interesting!! Good luck on it. I'm nanoing but not as high a word count.

    ReplyDelete