Ready, Set, Write is a weekly writing intensive hosted Jamie Marrow, Erin Funk, Alison Miller,and Katy Upperman.
Over the next few months I will be checking in with Jamie and the gang to answer a few questions about my writing week.
1. How I did on last week’s goals: I did okay. The synopsis didn't really change, but I've found working on a new story refreshing. I jotted down a few ideas and some scenes for my July novel (is that cheating? eh, I don't care)
2. My goal(s) for this week: Finish Camp NaNo outline or at least figure out how to end it.
3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised:
“I was Prom Queen
once,” he said, “in the nineties. You’re not missing much."
4. The biggest challenge I faced this week: The biggest challenge this week was the the internet. Rewatched every episode of Teen Wolf before the new season airs today. It was mainly a distraction
5. Something I love about my WIP: I mentioned last week how I loved how vicious my MC was, and how she wasn't going to change by the end of the book. That's still true, however in outlining I discovered I still need my MC to show some development or else what's the point of the book. She can't be one layer of mean. So I'm giving her flaws and mistakes that she can learn from, while still maintaining that lovable maliciousness. It will defiantly be a challenge that I'm up for.
What are you're goals this week?