Wednesday, May 28, 2014

What's Up Wednesday 5/28/14

What's Up Wednesday is a weekly meme for readers and writers to give updates on what's happening in their lives. If you want to find out to find out more check out Jamie Morrow's blog and sign up.



What I'm Reading: I've taken a break from reading due to my overwhelming amount of boredom and frustration. I just havn't felt like reading. We all have one of those weeks. Right?

What I'm Writing: Working on SoD edits and outlining a new story that's been rattling around in my brain. I registered for Camp NaNoWriMo to use July to write it. That will give me plenty of time to finish my edits and junk before I start writing. The edits are going painfully slow. I'm glad I got it done on paper first because going through the Word document and making changes is the worst.  But whatever, a writer's gotta do what a writer's gotta do.

What Inspires Me Right Now: 
 I love getting new ideas. It's like everything needs to stop until I write down all of the character traits and scene ideas. I haven't been this inspired about outlining a story since SoD for NaNoWriMo in 2012. It feels great.

What Else and I've Been Up To: 
I'm so bored. This waiting is killing me. I'm at the point where I just want an answer so I can move on. Being a Post-Grad is the worst. (A lot of things are the worst in my opinion, ex. socks with sandals.) Everything I do from this moment forward will affect my future. It's a scary thought.

What's up with you? How is your week going?

Happy Reading!

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with the edits and outlining. Writer's have gotta do what they've gotta do :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might sign up for Camp NaNo again in July. It's always good to have a motivator! :)

    Good luck with the edits and outlining your new idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Leslie! I hear you on the post-grad thing. That was not a fun time for me either. But I can assure you that it will all work out. Best of luck!!

    Happy reading and writing! from Laura Marcella @ Wavy Lines

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had many periods of time when books just aren't grabbing my attention. Thankfully, there's usually an end to it, and a truly awesome book falls into my lap. Hope you get there soon, too! And I also hope that your post-grad plans start to fall into place. Waiting is the worst. Good luck, Leslie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Socks with sandals--yes. Reminds me of the 90s when everyone wore woolly socks With Birkenstocks (at least in Western Canada). Hope the waiting is over quickly and that your new ideas pan out into something awesome!

    ReplyDelete