Monday, July 7, 2014

Ready, Set, Write! Post Holiday

Ready, Set, Write is a weekly writing intensive hosted Jamie Marrow,  Erin FunkAlison Miller,and Katy Upperman.
Over the next few months I will be checking in with Jamie and the gang to answer a few questions about my writing week.


1.  How I did on last week’s goals: I started off great. I was cranking out 3k a day up until the holiday. I slowed down a lot because I was out with my family all weekend, but I'm still two days ahead.

2.  My goal(s) for this week: My goal this week is still to write at least 1,667 words a day for "Bring Me Your Dreams."

3.  A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised: 
“I remember when Henry Ford invented the first automobile,” Jed said. “I thought I would never get in that crazy contraption. Now I have six cars and two motorcycles.”


4.  The biggest challenge I faced this week: The Holiday. I was in a grove, until I had to leave the comfort of my own home. It through off my grove.

5.  Something I love about my WIP: I love learning more about my MC. Sometimes it feels like I'm writing just to get the word count for NaNo. It is what I'm doing, but every once in a while, I get this nugget of golden character development. I love discovering new things about my MC as I write.

What are you're goals this week?

8 comments:

  1. This was a holiday week for us in Canada too (July 1st is Canada Day), so I totally get the derailed thing. That was me too! Ah well. It happens, right? Sounds like you did a great job planning ahead for it, though. Hope this week is productive for both of us! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nugget of gold character development - awesome! I am character first, plot second so I love discovering nuances about my characters. Also, awesome job on the word count! You rocked it this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome for you to still be 2 days ahead! Hope you had a fun holiday weekend. Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to your #4 I have a strange urge to watch Emperor's New Groove. ;) And 3K a DAY! Man! I wish I had your stamina. With those numbers you deserved time off for the holidays! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holidays can make writing tricky, but 3K a day is amazing! Great job this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 3K a day is a dream! I'd say you are in a grove. And I loved your excerpt. It made me smirk a little.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those golden nuggets of character development are one of the things that make writing worthwhile. Glad you've been enjoying getting to know your mc better! Good luck with this week's goals!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so in awe of everyone that can write so fast! You got some awesome work done this week! Hope this week continues to be awesome on the writing front :)

    ReplyDelete