Monday, July 21, 2014

Ready, Set Write! Distractions

Ready, Set, Write is a weekly writing intensive hosted Jaime Marrow,  Erin FunkAlison Miller,and Katy Upperman.
Over the next few months I will be checking in with Jaime and the gang to answer a few questions about my writing week.


1.  How I did on last week’s goals: I've fallen behind a little this week. When I say "I've fallen behind", I mean I'm on schedule. I just like being two days ahead. Right now I'm a little over 32k.

2.  My goal(s) for this week: My goal this week is to not fall behind. I'm just going to write as much as I can this week. And stay either on schedule or above my word count goals.

3.  A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised: 
“Two things you need to know about me. One: I lie to a lot of people, you’re not special,” I said. “Two:  it wasn’t my news to share. So I’m not apologizing for not telling you.”

4.  The biggest challenge I faced this week: I got distracted with a shiny new phone. Plus my computer keeps freezing. :(

5.  Something I love about my WIP: The novel's getting to the juicy part. I finally figured out one of the main antagonist 120 pages into the story. It's going to be fun.

What are you're goals this week?

7 comments:

  1. Lovely excerpt from your story. She (?) sounds like a very powerful character. Love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 32K?! You're doing awesome! And I love getting to juicy parts of my story. I'm on the brink of a scene I've been imagining in my head since I started writing my story. Makes me so excited to dive back in!

    Also, loved that little piece from your story! Your mc sounds snarky and kick butt - love it!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shiny new phones are such a fun distraction! I love the excerpt you shared! You're doing so well meeting your goals. And staying on top of your NaNo words too. Basically, I wish your productivity would rub off on me. Hope you have another super productive week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yay for new phones! Even though they're distracting they're tons of fun!
    Good luck this week! Looks like you're doing great to me. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can understand why you'd like to have that cushion of being a couple days ahead of schedule. It's always a relief to know you're not falling behind. Hope you can gain that again! Good luck with your goals this week and have fun with the juicy part of your WIP!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your line! Sounds like an awesome character! Good luck with your goals this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. two days ahead! Wow, you are putting me to shame. And that line was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete