Monday, July 14, 2014

Ready, Set Write: In The Groove

Ready, Set, Write is a weekly writing intensive hosted Jamie Marrow,  Erin FunkAlison Miller,and Katy Upperman.
Over the next few months I will be checking in with Jamie and the gang to answer a few questions about my writing week.


1.  How I did on last week’s goals: I'm still going Strong with my Camp NaNoWriMo Novel. I just reached 25k words, which is my halfway point. :D

2.  My goal(s) for this week: My goal this week is still to write at least 1,667 words a day for "Bring Me Your Dreams."

3.  A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised: 
Lee rolled his eyes. “Come on, you and Jason? I’ve seen more chemistry between a goldfish and a plastic mermaid.”

4.  The biggest challenge I faced this week: I've been volunteering with a girls program. It's really draining me working with 70+ girls for 3 hours. But I'm staying on top of things.

5.  Something I love about my WIP: I love my MC Lucinda. She's pretty horrible and terrifying. At the very beginning of the novel she rigs the nominations for prom queen, but she keeps talking about her nomination as if she earned it. Her friends Lee and Xander have to keep reminding her that she cheated, but she just doesn't care. I love that. (cheating's bad kids)

What are you're goals this week?

18 comments:

  1. Hahaha, your line cracked me up! And yay on going strong with your word count!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That line from your story is AWESOME!!! And congrats on writing all the words! I hope you have another great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're going to win "best line" for the week! Hands down! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your protagonist sounds like a lot of fun to write! I always love writing and reading about characters who are completely oblivious or in denial. Good luck this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the line you shared! That's pretty funny. :-) You're totally rocking Camp NaNo. I'm very impressed! The halfway mark? Eek! That means July is half over already. Time needs to slow down a bit! Good luck this week! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job hitting 25K! Love that line, too. You're making some great progress this month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the line! So funny! And your MC sounds very intriguing, like someone I wanna read about. Congrats on meeting the halfway mark on time. Good luck with this week's goals!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great line!! Congrats on being halfway in your WIP!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the line you shared, too. Sounds like Camp Nano is great motivation. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that line too! Sounds like Camp Nano is great motivation. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on hitting 25k! Great line, too :). Hope this week is just as productive for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!!! 25K is awesome! Great job. Keep it up!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the line you shared! Also, your MC sounds awesome. Great job making 25k!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay! Congratulations on reaching your halfway point! That must feel awesome! I hope it's all downhill from here. Good luck with this week's goals!

    ReplyDelete
  15. that line is hilarious! Great job on getting to the halfway point!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ha, love the line too! Good luck to you this week. =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha that line from your wip is golden. So funny! And Lucinda sounds like a great character to write. Congrats on reaching the halfway point! I hope you have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your line, really funny, you don't guess the punch line until the last

    ReplyDelete