Monday, July 28, 2014

Ready, Set, Write! Nearing the Finish Line

Ready, Set, Write is a weekly writing intensive hosted Jaime Marrow,  Erin FunkAlison Miller,and Katy Upperman.
Over the next few months I will be checking in with Jaime and the gang to answer a few questions about my writing week.


1.  How I did on last week’s goals: I yo-yoed this week. I was on a hot streak early this week to prepare for the couple days I knew I wasn't going to be writing. I'm almost finished with the draft I'm over 45k. So close.

2.  My goal(s) for this week: 
Yes, I'm going to knock out these next 5k and then take a well deserved nap.

3.  A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised: 
“Fine, I’m cheating on you, you’re cheating on me,” I screamed. “Are we still going to prom together or what?"

4.  The biggest challenge I faced this week: There were quite a bit of challenges this weekend. More on that on Wednesday.

5.  Something I love about my WIP: The romance between my two main characters is slowly forming into something I can smooth out during revisions.

What are you're goals this week?

11 comments:

  1. Great line! And 45K is incredible! Go you! Hope you have another great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The line you shared made me laugh -- it's so perfectly YA. Love it! Best of luck with your goals this week, Leslie. Enjoy your nap. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job hitting 45K! Best of luck finishing the draft! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, that is an awesome line! Good luck finishing this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for 45k! ;). Hope you finish the rest this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your lines are always awesome! And a nap sounds so good right now. Good luck with your 5k!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 45K is awesome, Leslie Ann! You're so close! Good luck knocking out that remaining 5K this week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great line! Congrats on hitting 45k.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Funny line. Hope the challenges are coming under control. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha! That's a great line. Hope your 5k works out!

    ReplyDelete