Wednesday, July 9, 2014

What's Up Wednesday 7/9/14

What's Up Wednesday is a weekly meme for readers and writers to give updates on what's happening in their lives. If you want to find out to find out more check out Jaime Morrow's blog and sign up.

This is going to be a short post, because, I don't have much to talk about.


What I'm Reading: Still working on Reboot  by Amy Tintera. NaNo's taking over my life.

What I'm Writing:  Still working on my Camp NaNoWriMo Novel. I'm over 13k in, I was a couple days ahead, but I fell behind during the holiday.

What Inspires Me Right Now: 
Trees, idk. Someone give me some inspiration.

What Else and I've Been Up To: 
I've been volunteering with a girls summer program for the past seven summers. The program started up again, and I've been spending 3 hours a day with 70+ girls between the ages of 6 and 12 (but there are some 4 and 5 year-olds mixed in.) It's been taking a lot out of me as well.

What's up with you? How is your week going?

Happy Reading!

11 comments:

  1. Yeah working with kids is exhausting, although the upside is I fall asleep pretty fast :P

    Best of luck with NaNo! 13k is fantastic :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't live without trees, so that's a good answer for what's inspiring you. Good luck with your volunteering and with catching up on your NaNo project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trees is a great start to finding some inspiration. I live in the city so I don't see a lot of them on a regular basis. I didn't realize that I didn't have a lot of trees around until I visited a friend who lives in the suburbs and there were trees EVERYWHERE.

    Congrats for getting 13K for your NaNo project! That's awesome!

    Kids can take a lot out of you. I can't imagine what it's like to be around more than 70. That must be hectic.

    I hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3 hours a day with 70+ girls AND Camp Nano? I'm super impressed that you are still functioning. That might kill me. Have a wonderful week, and get some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job with NaNo, and juggling it with your volunteer work! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on keep up with Camp NaNo while working with 70+ girls for 3 hours/day. Either one would be a big deal. The two together is definitely impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That volunteer work sounds great, but like you say, also exhausting. Hope you're able to catch your breath. Keep up the great work with NaNo too! You may have gotten a bit behind, but I'm sure you'll reclaim your lead. Have a great week! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's amazing that you volunteer with young girls like that! I'm seriously impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. And I thought taking care of my seven year old brother was hard... It's incredible that you can find the time to volunteer with so many young girls AND also keep yourself on track for Camp NaNoWriMo. Don't worry about having fallen behind, I'm sure you'll be days ahead in no time :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You sound super busy and all with pretty awesome stuff! Good luck on NaNo. I did a similar challenge in June and got nine days behind... I caught up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so amazed with people who can write in the summer. I do not have the mindset, BUT winters where I live are harsh and summers are perfect, so I end up outside more often than not... I MIGHT catch up w/ all the writing I'd like to get done this winter. Maybe...

    ReplyDelete