Wednesday, August 20, 2014

What's Up Wednesday 8/20/14

What's Up Wednesday is a weekly meme for readers and writers to give updates on what's happening in their lives. If you want to find out to find out more check out Jaime Morrow's blog and Erin Funk's blog to sign up.



What I'm Reading: I took a break from Endlessly I love the trilogy and Kiersten White's writing, but I needed something new. So I read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer and HOLY CRAP it's so good. I finished that bad boy in a day. Definitely a change of pace from what I've been reading. It's dark, and has more of a thriller/horror vibe than most of the paranormal romances I read. AND I STILL HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S HAPPENING. I need to get the sequel ASAP.
Also I desperately need to read Isla and the Happily Ever After. I'm not the biggest contemporary YA fan, but Stephanie Perkins has me hooked.

What I'm Writing:  I'm working on that old WiP and I'm debating on where to begin. When first started writing it, I started in the middle of the "happenings" so to speak. But I scrapped that early in the process, and my original opening became chapter 6 or something. I'm probably going to go back and start it how I originally intended, We'll see.

What Inspires Me Right Now: 
Reading? Writing? Chocolate?

What Else and I've Been Up To: 
Real life. It's weird dudes.

What's up with you? How is your week going?

Happy Reading!

9 comments:

  1. Good luck with the WiP :D

    Mmmm... chocolate.

    Real life is weird. What is this world we live in?

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah--Mara Dyer. At the end of book 2, she finally gives you the smallest hint about what is happening. I'm not the biggest fan. But I love Stephanie Perkins. I haven't read that one yet. Adding it to my list right now!

    Enjoy real life this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My copy of ISLA is in the mail apparently and I'm crossing my fingers that it gets here soon. I need to hurry up and finish the book I'm reading now so I'm ready for it! Hope filling in those first chapters goes well and that it isn't too daunting of a task. Story beginnings are so tough. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Mara Dyer series, even if it's frustrating not knowing what's going on! Hopefully, there will be answers in the final book!

    Good luck with the WIP! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo.. The Mara Dyer series sounds interesting. Got to take a look at that.
    Beginnings (I think) are the hardest. I never know how or where to start. I once read that it's best to start at the very last possible moment. They didn't say exactly where that is though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I love the weirdness that is real life, makes for an interesting time!

    Good luck on the new beginning! Beginnings are so utterly important in stories, and I don't know about you, but they are definitely the hardest part of writing for me...figuring out that balance between introduction and being thrown into the story is so difficult!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo! I'm reading ISLA right now. It is soooo good. Loved the Mara Dyer series too, and can't wait for the third book to hit shelves soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've had Mara Dyer on my shelf since Christmas. I really need to get it off and read it because I've heard such great things. Good luck with the old WIP!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with your WIP. Hope you get it figured out! :)

    ReplyDelete