Monday, August 25, 2014

Ready, Set, Write: The End

Ready, Set, Write is a weekly writing intensive hosted Jaime Marrow,  Erin FunkAlison Miller,and Katy Upperman.

Wow 12 weeks flew by like crazy. I've had such a great time following everyone's journey.


1.  How I did on last week’s goals: I did not get any chapters done. I got distracted by WriteOnCon. It's fine, I'll figure something out.

2.  recap of overall writing progress this summer
Holy cow what a summer. I checked back to my first post this summer and I said I wanted Suspension of Disbelief to be query ready by the end of the summer. Well, I've been keeping this hush, hush, but it is. Just in time for WriteOnCon.
I also wrote a freaking novel in 30 days! What? It'a a piece of crap and I'm probably going to burn it, but I did it.
Everything about this summer has been crazy and wonderful. I don't think I could have done any of this without everyone's support.

3.  A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised: 
Nonexistent

4.  The biggest challenge I faced this week: Motivation. yeah, I sucked this week. But WriteOnCon...

5.  Something I love about my WIP: 
Um, I love in Unremarkable that I have a mind reading character. So my MC talks and thinks really fast and the mind reader just laughs at her randomly and she doens't know why (until she finds out, of course). I'm contemplating switching the present tense to have more stream of consciousnesses thoughts in the narration, but I'm still debating.

Thank you so much for all of your support and encouragement. I hope everyone has a wonderful rest of the summer. I hope to see you all during What's Up Wednesday. If you want to stay in touch follow me on Twitter @laboyden and I'll follow you back.

Happy Writing!

9 comments:

  1. Wow, you accomplished a TON this summer :) Good luck with querying! WOC is awesome for getting those into shape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made some awesome progress this summer! Congrats on being query ready, and I wish you tons of luck with both querying and in catching a Ninja Agent's eye during WriteOnCon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on meeting your goals this summer! And YAY for WriteOnCon! It was always my favorite writing event :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think WriteOnCon is a pretty decent reason not to get any writing done this week. I've never participated because it always falls at a bad time for me, but it looks awesome! Way to go on getting your WIP query ready! I'd say that makes your summer a huge success! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. a whole novel in 30 days? You freaking rock! And I love WriteOnCon and am joining the fun (again) this year. So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE mind-reading characters! I had one in my very first WiP and I loved writing everything about him. :) Also, WHOA - you accomplished SO MUCH this summer! Go YOU! So glad you joined us for RSW and good luck with WriteOnCon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome that your story is query ready! Good luck moving forward with querying! :D And I'm also very impressed with what you accomplished during NaNo this summer. Pretty much you deserve all of the pats on the back. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so proud of you. You go girl!
    m

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha! WriteOnCon IS so distracting, but it's a healthy distraction. And it's only a week or so out of your writing life. It's been such a valuable experience for me, and technically it hasn't even started yet! Congrats on all your progress this summer!

    ReplyDelete