Monday, August 4, 2014

Ready, Set, Write! Brain Freeze

Ready, Set, Write is a weekly writing intensive hosted Jaime Marrow,  Erin FunkAlison Miller,and Katy Upperman.
Over the next few months I will be checking in with Jaime and the gang to answer a few questions about my writing week.


1.  How I did on last week’s goals: I FINISHED!!! The 50k and the novel. It's surprisingly short, but I hope to add another 5-10k in revisions.

2.  My goal(s) for this week:
None this week. I'm recovering from NaNo. I'm going to let this sit for a month while I figure out what my next project is going to be. But for now. I rest.

3.  A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised: 
I know I've been doing single lines, but since I finished I will share a little more. It's rough, but I liked this bit between Lucinda and Xander.


Xander stumbled out of his cage. “Lucinda, I’m so sorry. I was caught outside a portal and dragged here. I’m sorry I ruined your prom night.” Xander collapsed in my arms. “I’m okay,” he groaned.
“I don’t care about prom,” I said. “Okay, I’m lying, but I came for you, didn't I? You were in distress, my little damsel."
“So you felt it,” he smiled weakly. “Sucks doesn’t it?”
“Yeah, I felt it,” I said as we touched foreheads. “Never do that again or I will personally set fire to your car.”

4.  The biggest challenge I faced this week: Finishing before my brain melted.

5.  Something I love about my WIP: I said earlier this summer that my goal was for my MC Lucinda not to change at the end. Well I caved a bit and changed the ending I had planned. It actually works, don't worry, Lucinda's still very

What are you're goals this week?

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing your draft!!! Awesome feeling, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy that you finished your draft! Do they ever end exactly as we plan? Enjoy your week off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finishing! And I love how Lucinda calls Xander the damsel in distress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on finishing your draft! Enjoy your time off! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I tend to write on the lighter side and add in during revision, too. Whatever works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Congrats on finishing your WIP! You deserve a break and I sincerely hope you enjoy this next month off!

    ReplyDelete