Wednesday, October 10, 2012

YA Highway RTW: In the Future

Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.

This week's topic: What do you hope to be writing in one year? Three? Five?

I've actually thought about this a lot. Where do I see myself in five years writing wise. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

One Year: One year from now I hope to be doing the same thing. Yeah it would be nice to at least have a literary agent, but I'm being realistic. As for now I like where I am, I'm in no real rush. Maybe things will change when I actually have a novel finished. Since I am a creative writing minor I'll probably write a lot more than I am this semester. I can predict what I will be doing a year from today. Outlining my NaNo Novel. As of right now I'm defiantly doing NaNo next year.

Three Years: I really hope things are different. I'll be out of college, starting a career as a Stage Manager. I've never really thought this part out through. I want to be a published author. I want to be a Stage Manager. I can do both, right? Both jobs are so time consuming. Time management is one of those things I'm working on. I can have the best of both world. And yes that was a Hannah Montana reference. Deal with it.

Five Years: Wow I'll be twenty-five years old. Theatre and Writing is what I want to do. Who knows maybe I'll write a play. I think the big difference between three years from now and five years is I'll actually know what I'm doing. In three years I'll be in that awkward "fresh out of college" stage.

When I think too much about this stuff my head hurts. I just need to take this one day at a time. But the one thing I'm absolutely positively sure about is that I will be writing YA. No doubt about that. It's what I love to read and write. That won't be changing.

How about you where do you see yourself in the future?

Happy Reading!

2 comments:

  1. These are some really great goals and it's great that you aren't trying to rush anything. That's a good approach and your story will be better for it in the end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these goals, I love the Hannah Montana reference and I love that just like me you want to be doing theatre AND writing. Kindred souls! (teehee!) They're really great aspirations and I truly believe if you're passionate about it you can go far! Go hard!

    ReplyDelete