Wednesday, October 31, 2012

YA Highway RTW: Scary Movies


Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic. 

This Week's Topic: HAPPY HALLOWEEN! What's your favorite scary book or movie?

Truth time. I HATE SCARY MOVIES!
I'm a baby. I can't even watch Jumanji with out having nightmares. I haven't really ventured into any horror novels yet. I'm too scared. I want to read a few, but I is ascared.
There are a few non scary Halloween movies that I do enjoy though.
Halloweentown:
I know it's a children's movie but it is still the best thing ever! I watched it a couple weeks ago with my best friend. It's the greatest. The other the are okay. The second one is a little too scary for me. Again I'm a wimp.
Don't Look Under The Bed. If you haven't seen it the story is basically about this girl who is harassed by the boogieman and must stop him with the help of her brother's imaginary friend. Basically this movie was so scary that Disney hasn't aired it in years. Here's a clip. Disney has not had a high quality scary Halloween Movie since.

Okay the last one I guess is a scary movie. I think it's more of a thriller with ghost and stuff.

Basically M Night Shyamalan at his best. I've watched this movie dozens of times in the past six years and I guess I can say this is my favorite horror movie.
What do you like to watch during Halloween? Also what are you dressed as. Because I'm a poor college student I had to be resourceful this year. As a result this happened. I'm a cat dressed in a Christmas sweater. Yeah.
Happy Halloween!

6 comments:

  1. I've seen The Sixth Sense but none of the others you posted, however I LOVE kids movies, probably because I'm such a wimp that they are always more happy and feel good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Halloweentown is a tradition. It's the greatest thing ever.

      Delete
  2. The Sixth Sense was definitely a scary movie, but not so bad that I couldn't watch it. Actually, what's probably scarier is that the YouTube clip comes up in your post with marionettes/ventriloquist dummies hanging from the ceiling. Eeeeeekkk! I hate those things! O.O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I HATE ventriloquist dummies and creepy dolls. Terrifying.

      Delete
  3. Lol @ your costume. Awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I put a lot of thought into it. :P

      Delete