Wednesday, October 3, 2012

YA Highway RTW: The Changing Seasons


Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.

This Week's Topic: How does your writing (place, time, inspiration) change with the seasons?

I'm not routine enough to actually have a changes in my writing. However there are a few things that change.

FALL: For the past few years fall has been dedicated to NaNoWriMo. Although I have never actually finished a NaNo Novel. A lot of time and effort goes into planning it or thinking about planning it. It's pretty backwards I know. Once November hits I get pretty focused on working on that particular piece of work. (or thinking about working on it, then not really) Strangely all of my unfinished NaNo novels are set in the fall. Interesting. That might change for this one.

WINTER: Okay this is really weird but ever since my junior year in high school I've had this idea for a Christmas YA novel focused on Santa's daughter. Every year around Christmas time I write a few paragraphs or hand write a couple pages. I've never actually got around to actually writing it because once Christmas is over I lose the drive to continue working on it. Weird I know.

SPRING: This isn't really writing related, but usually in spring I run around like a chicken with its head cut off flailing my arms around screaming "I'M NEVER GOING TO PASS MY CLASSES!" True story. Though I do that year round.

SUMMER: Summer is the time where I get the most writing done. I'm usually back at home and more relaxed.

How does your writing change over the seasons? Also if you are doing NaNoWriMo this year do you want to be my writing buddy? Here's a link to my author page. CLICK ME!

Happy Reading!

8 comments:

  1. I'm considering sort-of NaNo this year. I've not done it before, but if I can come out of November with 50,000+ more words written on my WIP, I'll be happy. I know you're not supposed to start with something you've already started, but my goal would be to add 50,000 words to it, so that's why it's a sort-of NaNo. :) We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can try. Just start it a new document. :D

      Delete
  2. LOL Love your schedule, especially the chicken part LOL
    But I totally understand your case. You've got to adapt accordingly to college.
    Yeah, I'm glad that is way behind me ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TWO. MORE. YEARS. Then I go to the real world. It's kind of scary.

      Delete
  3. More done in the summer!? Amazing! I feel more relaxed in the summer, but it's also the time I want to be out and about, enjoying the sun. I find the perfect writing days the days that are stormy and grey, or snowy and freezing. Then I can get cozy with hot cocoa and a blanket! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure if I'll be doing NaNo this year. I'm currently working on the story that I started during NaNo last year. And I have to say, I get WAY more done during the summer too. More daylight hours means more productivity for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh hey, I didn't even think about NaNo this year! Wow can't believe that time is here already! Well almost. But still!

    My response: http://wordsareinnermusic.blogspot.com/2012/10/road-trip-wednesday-autumn-writing.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hah, I'm pretty similar--busy in fall and spring (even though I havn't done NaNo), and much more writing time in the summer.

    ReplyDelete