Tuesday, October 30, 2012

It's Coming...NaNo 2012

NaNoWriMo starts in less than 2 days. Holy crap. With all the plotting and outlining I've worked on this month I am still terrified. I'm all talk. I've never completed one. What if this year is no different? Quite Honestly NaNo is coming third on my list of priorities right behind School and the production I'm working on. (Notice that sleep is not in the top three.) I'll find time and when I do I'll sprint it out but still it's very terrifying.
This morning I received an email form the NaNoWriMo team. Basically they sent all the participants a road map for November. Today's instructions are to tell everyone you're writing a novel. This way they can constantly ask you how that novel's going and whatnot. So here goes.
Internet. I'm writing a novel. 
Well I knew you already knew that, but it's just for reassurance. Next month I'll be throwing myself into 30 days of literary abandonment. Obviously, I won't be checking up on the internet a lot and my other NaNo friends will probably be working hard on there novel to keep tabs with me. I'll be keeping you up to date with the word count daily on Twitter as well as having a "Teaser Tuesday" (and this time only a sentence or a paragraph)
I'm relying on a lot of support from friends, family and hopefully other NaNoer's from my region. Having a Thanksgiving break will help a lot. Sure I'll have other projects and reading to do, but I'm sure someone can keep me on track **cough** mom **cough**. As I stated before, while it would be great to actually finish, if I don't hit the 50,000 by midnight on the 30th it won't be the end of the world. My smaller goal is to write as much as I can everyday. If I can do that I'll be fine so even if don't finish I'll at least get far enough to actually finish the story completely after November. I'm just going to try.
NaNo friends, don't forget to buddy me. If you're game we could also do word wars and writing sprints.

Happy Writing!

P.S. Happy Halloween/50% Candy Day.

5 comments: