Sunday, October 21, 2012

Love List 2.0

A few months for YA Highway's Road Trip Wednesday I started a love list for my WIP. The idea was inspired by on Stephanie Perkins' post on Natalie Whipple's blog. I briefly touched on my plans for this years NaNoWriMo. Well NaNo is in less than two weeks away and I've added quite a bit. My list started out like this.

Superheros
Love
A not so mild mannered secret identity
a dramatic origin story
An evil pool playing shark mob boss

From there a lot happened. I started outlining, and working out the relationships and whatnot and my list got bigger. I even thought of a title. "Suspension of Disbelief" is going to be about the evolving relationship between two superheroes and how their pasts connect. There is a (somewhat) better synopsis on my "What I'm Working On"  or my author profile. I love the title because it is a recurring theme with most superheroes. For example, the fact that all Superman has to do is put on glasses and act mild mannered to become Clark Kent. NO ONE recognizes him. It's a hilarious concept I hope to with in the novel.

Love List 2.0
Lava Monster
robot army
mad scientist
a crazy stalker fangirl
earth powers (I put a lot of thought into this)
a very awkward "meet the legal guardian" scene
a surprise picnic
a utility belt filled with rocks
SALAD EXPLOSION!
terrible first kisses
floating second kisses
betrayal
deception
secrets
reunions
death (hee hee hee)

That's what I got so far. It will most likely grow. These are just random scenes and themes that go through my head. Whenever I get a thought for a scene I immediately have to write down the idea so I can get back to it later. I almost never leave the house without a notebook. I'm weird like that. 
Blogging might slow down in November. I might be able to do Road Trip Wednesday depending on my schedule. I'm thinking about doing another Teaser Tuesday. I don't know last time I did that someone got very attached to the unfinished story...you know who you are. ;) 
So friends who's doing NaNoWriMo this year? What do you love about your future project so far? 

Happy Reading!

2 comments:

  1. Lost it at 'salad explosion'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you teased me....since 2010...I've been waiting for you to finish that story. Go to Leslie's archives in 2010 and read "Daddy Please Don't", a story based on the song "Run Joey Run!" It's good and I want to see it finished. So yes, you were sucessful teasing me....when will it end!!!

    ReplyDelete