Wednesday, July 25, 2012

YA Highway RTW: Leslie Enchanted

Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.

This Week's Topic, to prepare for our Bookmobile chat about INCARNATE with author Jodi Meadows next Tuesday, July 31: 
If you could be reincarnated as any fictional character, which would it be?


This one was really hard to do. Not because I thought of too many, but I couldn't think of a really good one. So I just did the ultimate cop-out and chose Ella from Ella Enchanted. Ella Enchanted is the only books I've read over ten times. It never gets old.

My tattered copy
Ella is very strong, independent and a overall funny gal. Despite her curse she tries her hardest to stay true to herself no matter what order is given to her. (She not afraid to sock a girl in the face.) When she's sick of the orders given to her, she take her life into her own hands and sets off on a journey to find Lucinda, the fairy who cursed her. Ella also isn't afraid of all of the magic in her world. She shows no fear when it comes to giants, elves and ogres. I mean, the girl can talk a pack of hungry ogres to sleep. This girl doesn't need saving.
*coughcoughAnneHathawaycoughcouch*

Not only is she a strong person with a great personality,  but her strength and personality catches the eye of Prince Char. Oh Prince Char...next to Westley from the Princess Bride, he's at the top of my list of fictional crushes.

What characters would you like to be reincarnated as? And just for fun who is your fictional character crush?







14 comments:

  1. Ooh! Good choice. I have only ever seen the movie. Will have to pick up the book!

    Fictional character crush???? THAT is a toughie. I'd have to go with King Bridei from "The Dark Mirror." He's amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The movie is NOTHING like the book. Ella is too much of a damsel in distress. But it's still fun to watch.
      I've never read the "Dark Mirror" I'll have to check it out.

      Delete
  2. Aww, love Ella!
    Great, great choice!
    I'm in love with so many fiction heroes, the list would go on and on and on ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ella is the best. And believe me my list is far too long to post too. ;)

      Delete
  3. I've never actually read ELLA ENCHANTED, but I have seen the movie which I'm told is a horrible take on the book. I have the book on my shelf, so I really have no excuse, do I? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No excuse Jamie, no excuse. The one thing I can say about the movie that is distances itself so much from the book I can watch it and not complain about getting this part wrong or leaving something out. It stands out on it's own.

      Delete
  4. Ella is wonderful! I haven't read the book, but the movie was fun. I'm sure the book is worlds better.

    I have a few character crushes, but I can name a couple. Jareth the Goblin King from Labyrinth and The Doctor from Doctor Who - who I also picked for this RTW. I guess I'd love myself very much, huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book is truly amazing. Great crushes. Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  5. Aw, I love Ella Enchanted! Though I must admit having to do everything people order you too. But you are right, the way she finds her way around things is great and often hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The physical pain it causes her to disobey an order is what makes her so strong. I love it.

      Delete
  6. I'll have to read that again--I don't remember it being quite that great (but good) so I'll see if my memory is faulty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved that book. It's just so...*smiles contentedly*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the greatest. I may read thousands of other books in my lifetime, but this will always have a special place in my heart. *goes off to read it again*

      Delete