Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Summer Goals



I know I have a problem with regular posting. Now that I'm practicing taking time out of my day to write I decided to use some it to make a post. So, what has being going on in the world of Leslie?


This week in reading: I recently started reading again. For some reason, when I am at school I can't find time to read, but I keep buying new books. Now I have a pile of books I purchased in the last year that I haven't read. I started most of them but life happened and I got super busy and forgot to finish them. Now those books have second and third books that are coming out this summer/already released.


Bossypants by Tina Fey: I love Tina Fey. I bought this last summer.

Matched by Ally Condie:  Crossed is already out and Reached will be out in November.

Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer: Bloodrose is already out.

Wing of the Wicked by Courtney Allison Moulton: Bought that during the school year.

Supernaturally by Kiersten White: Endlessly is coming out this month!

Trial By Fire by Jennifer Lynn Barns: I didn't even know Taken by Storm was out until I saw it at the bookstore last week.

Shut Out by Kody Keplinger: I was in an adaption of Lysistrata last year and thought it would be fun to read.

Beauty Queens by Libba Bray: I got fifty pages in before school started last fall.

Getting Revenge on Lauren Wood by Eileen Cook: I got half way through during winter break then school happened.

The Liar Society by Lisa and Laura Roecoker: Lies that Bind will be out in November.

XVI and Truth by Julia Karr: I bought those at Julia's release party during the school year. I met her she was really nice and signed my copies.


So I plan on getting through all these book by the end of summer. Hopefully the sequels as well. And there are still new releases that aren't in this pile that I want to read. I'm also trying to read Catch 22 by Joesph Heller. My dad has been asking me to read it for years. I read the first couple pages in high school and didn't like it. When I came home from school last month by dad had bought a copy and it sat on top of the fridge for the longest time. I decided to start it again without telling him. (Mom if you're reading this don't tell dad!) I am only one chapter in and I find it easier to read now. Maybe it's because of all the lit classes I took freshman year. I don't know, I'll give you a progress report as I get further in the story.


This week in writing: Slow. I've barely written 2,000 words this week. I'm pushing through. I looked back at all of the WIP I had on my jump drive and saw that I stopped writing around 10,000-12,000 words. Hopefully once I get passed that 12,000 mark I'll feel confident to keep going. I love this story and the characters. I really want to see where they go from here. My goal is to get 60,000 word by the end of the summer. Cross your fingers for me.

As you can see I have a word count gadget on the upper right hand corner of the sidebar. I got it from Svenja Liv's blog. It's typically used for NaNoWriMo, but you can use it year round. If you click the image, it will lead you to the site.


This week in chocolate: I need some. The description of my blog says "Leslie's philosophy on reading, writing and how chocolate helps you through it." Since I have no chocolate maybe that's why I'm struggling. Since it's the Fourth of July I might find some chocolaty treats at my family's cook out...


What are your summer goals? Is it reading more? Trying to be healthier? Let me know in the comments.


Happy Reading!


P.S. I'm giving away Just for Fins bookmarks and Mer Mark tattoos here. All you have to do to enter is to tell me your favorite summer memory. Contest ends on Sunday.



***EDIT: Sorry about the white. I don't know why it did that.***




No comments:

Post a Comment