Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Relaxation

Lately I've been stressed. I have a million things on my mind and it's been affecting my writing. Sometimes the stress is good. Like when I have a bunch of ideas that I just have to it write down and crack out 2000 words in a night. However, other times on top of the ideas I start thinking about life in general and as a college student, life is pretty complicated. On those days I can't even get out 200 words.
It kind of sucks, but I found that relaxation helps me with clearing my head. I'm not really stating anything new, but this is what was on my mind.
So what did I do to help with my stress? I learned ho to knit a hat. Actually two hats I'm working on my third one right now.
School Colors
While knitting I'm not really thinking about my WIP or school or my life struggles. I'm just trying to make sure I don't mess up the hat. I'll hopefully learn how to knit something other than a hat. Since my head it is clear sitting down to write has been much easier.
Reading Update: I started chapter two in Catch-22. I'm trying. My dad assures me it gets better. Currently on my list of summer reads I am a third of the way through The Liar Society.
Writing Update: So as you can see from my word count meter I have reached over14,000 words in my WIP. This is the farthest I've gotten since I finished my first novel junior year in high school. 
Chocolate Update: Skinny Cow White Mint Truffle bars. Best ice cream bar EVER. I'm addicted. It's minty with a little chocolate drizzle to satisfy my chocolate cravings. I'm going to try other ice cream bars in that brand. I'll keep you updated.
What do you do to relax when stressed? How does it work for you? What chocolaty treat should I try?

Made this one for mom

Happy Reading!

PS: Someone left an anonymous comment on the Just For Fins swag giveaway post. Who ever left can you please DM on twitter @laboyden so we could sort out the details. Also if anyone wants a bookmark I have a few left. Just leave a comment or Tweet me and I'll send you one. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment