Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Author Appreciation Week: Day Three

Today I’m going skip all of the fancy introduction stuff and get right into appreciating Maureen Johnson.
Maureen Johnson writes books. Good books. Good books for teens. She has written many, many good books for teens. I’m stalling, I know, but what can I say? I like to read.

Back in the day when I was a young and naïve, little girl (with was not that long ago) I read Girl at Sea with no idea of who Maureen Johnson was. Then the Battle of the Books competition I talked about during my last blog came and read Devilish and Bermudez Triangle. The next thing I knew I was preordering Suite Scarlett and anxiously awaiting the sequel (which I’m still waiting for my copy to come in from the library.)

So I say to you Maureen Johnson: Thank you for writing books. Good books. Good books for teens. Many, many good books for teens.

No comments:

Post a Comment