Wednesday, November 14, 2012

YA Highway RTW: Motivation


Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.
This Weeks Topic: Tons of writers are in the midst of NaNoWriMo, trying to stay inspired as we reach the dreaded middle. Share your most inspiring and/or motivational video, book, or quote on writing!

For me my quote is not writing related but life related. and writing is life.

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." -Winston Churchill

This quote has been my life guide for years. Sometimes I lose sight of it when things don't go my way. This pertains to my writing, all writing really. It's such a tough business. Failure is part of the job, especially when we are starting out. Rejection is common. But we have to move on. We can't give up. One day it will all pay off.

Motivational video. Okay this is a little silly, but this is a song from Starship a musical written and performed by Team Starkid. It's such a motivational song.  

Lastly if you want to keep up with my NaNoWriMo progress. I've been doing a weekly update plus a teaser. You can check the first two out here and here. Also add me as a buddy if you haven't yet.

How do you stay motivated. Songs? Quotes? Pep talks from friends? Let me know in the comments.

Happy Reading!

12 comments:

  1. I love Churchill. Such a quotable man. I especially love this - "Failure is part of the job, especially when we are starting out. Rejection is common. But we have to move on. We can't give up. One day it will all pay off." So great, that in itself is a motivational quote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like music, and usually the cheesier the better.

    For my current WiP, I actually have a soundtrack on my youtube channel that I play through when writing. It sounds weird, but I find it really helpful.

    Love the musical clip -- too funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could listen to music during writing. I love Starkid. If you like the song check out the whole musical. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. I love that quote-it's such a good one to apply to writing. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It applies to everything in life. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. That quote is awesome and so true!
    I like this one too: "Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about" - which is writing for me!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that quote--sometimes it feels like a peculiar type of insanity (But didn't directing that play in the fall almost kill you? And now you want to do a musical???) but this reframes the feeling in a much more positive way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha that's hilarious, I never really thought of it like that. Thanks

      Delete
  6. Winston Churchill has some amazing quotes and that's definitely a great one. Sadly, inspiration has been in short supply regarding my NaNo recently.

    I made a note to listen to that song later. I love Team Starkid but I haven't seen Starship yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you have time watch Starship. It is amazing. Thanks

      Delete