Wednesday, November 21, 2012

YA Highway RTW: Home for the Holidays

Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic. 
This week's topic: With Thanksgiving on the horizon we want to know how you balance hectic times like the holidays with your writing schedule.

Honestly since I am still in college I don't have to worry about all of the crazy holiday stuff. The being home for the holidays is not that stressful for me. Yeah, during Thanksgiving I will be busy helping my mom, doing chores and entertaining guest but for the most part it doesn't change. Even with Christmas I don't do too much work.

I actually find it nice being home for the holiday's. I don't have a car since I'm lame, so I spend the mornings at home. That is when I get a lot of writing done. I like the quite of an empty house. It keeps my head clear and I can can just write. When my family gets home that's a different story. Most of the time I just put my writing away because I know I get distracted. Since I'm a night owl I can write again once my family is asleep for the night.

Personally for me I think the real hectic times are when I am in school. Ugh, papers, and test and projects oh my! But this year with NaNoWriMo I proved to myself that I can find time to write in college I just needed the motivation.

So how does your schedule change during the holidays? And just for fun what is your favorite holiday dessert?

Happy Reading!

PS I am over 40,000 words into NaNoWriMo. :D

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you there! My time at school tends to be a lot more hectic than the holidays. I'm home right now and I'm not looking forward to the rush of the last two weeks before finals. Christmas will be even more relaxed.

    Yay 40k! I'm only at 31k so I'm hoping for a HUGE writing spree so I can catch up and then get ahead so I don't have to worry about writing with the mountain of studying.

    My favorite holiday dessert is butterscotch pie. My great-aunt makes it and I won't eat anyone else's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good that you're able to get your school writing done and have such awesome Nano wordcount! I actually end up with more time to write during holidays since I'm off work. And my favorite holiday dessert is sweet potato pie. ;)

    ReplyDelete