Tuesday, November 13, 2012

NaNo Chronicles pt. 2

This week has defiantly been very slow. I stayed a day ahead up until Sunday. Everything is hectic. I'm making sure I get my 1,667 words in everyday, but I wish I could strive for more. I fear as if I'm going to fall behind this week. School stuff. I have a couple papers due this week. But after this Thanksgiving Break is coming up. I'll most likely finish up during that week if I keep pushing. My plan was to be finish before I start tech rehearsals for the show I'm working on. That's not going to happen.
One thing I can take away from this week though is writing everyday. Even when I was ahead and I felt like I could slack I didn't. Thank goodness or else I will be playing catch up until the end of the month. Keeping my head in the story is what helps me write everyday. Planning this out was a great decision. I fell in love with my story before I even wrote it and that passion is what drives me to finish it.
I still got a ways to go
Something that helps a lot is the Write-Ins it's so nice to actually meet and talk with other writers going through the same thing I am. My ML (Municipal Liaison) has beads for a charm bracelet for our region. With each different accomplishment/milestone we get a new bead. I won't be at any write ins for a while because of Thanksgiving break, but I'm grateful to be a part of a wonderful writing community.
As promised a teaser from "Suspension of Disbelief"


The ground shook furiously as the emotions poured out. I was sobbing. The robots were violently shaken off of me. The building began to crumble. I continued to sob as I fell to the ground. The building was falling apart, but I couldn’t will myself to get up.
            “Susan,” Grayson shouted. He was still in the cage. I was paralyzed on the floor. I couldn’t move. “Susan!” The bricks of the building started falling in chunks. I continued to sob. I hand grabbed my shoulder. It was Grayson. He picked me up and walked me out of the crumbling building. Once we were far enough from the building, he sat me down. “Calm down, calm down,” he stroked my hair with the side of his hands. I took several deep breaths. The earthquake had settled, along with my nerves. I sat there for a moment taking in the damage I had done.


How's NaNoWriMo going for you?

Happy Writing!

P.S. what else has been going on in my life? Well one the plays I wrote was selected for The Student Play Festival at my school. It went up on Sunday. Check it out!

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to let you know that there are old friends out there rooting for you. Keep it up, Les. You're amazing.

    ReplyDelete