Wednesday, August 8, 2012

YA Highway RTW Sounds of the Summer

Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.
This Week's Topic is: What music has been your summer soundtrack?

I'm not that into music when I write. I know I'm lame. I just haven't found the right sound yet. But there have been a few songs I've listened to on a daily basis.

The first song is "All That Really Matters (Poor Paul Theme Song) by Kendall Schmidt & Sean Michael Beyer. It's from this really awesome web series called Poor Paul and it's about hanging with your best friends. 



The next song is Girl Power from Cheetah Girls. I know it's childish but I worked on a dance with some girls for this program I volunteered this summer so it played constantly.  


With the release of my favorite video game franchise seventh installment. I've been obsessed with this song. The Japanese version and English version. This video is the opening for the first game. It's a remix. I like the original better but I couldn't find one with vocals.

 

Then there's this. My best friend and I danced to this a while back and on occasion I'd do this on my own...


Oh and this I've been obsessed with this song. Seriously who isn't?


Lastly I couldn't resist. Who doesn't like Gravity Falls?


These are the songs I've been obsessed with this summer. Not really a summer soundtrack. Anyway what do you like to listen too? What kind of music do you write too. Leave some suggestions in the comments.

Happy Reading!


18 comments:

  1. I have to admit that Call My Maybe is growing on me. It's quite a catchy song. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call Me Maybe is on my list too! ahah! And I will never get tired of the Hoedown Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the need to dance every time it comes on.

      Delete
  3. My kids love Gravity Falls. I think my wife watches it too from time to time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good show. It appeals to both children and adults and it's so funny.

      Delete
  4. SOOOOOOOOOOOORAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

    I LOVE Hikari/Simple and Clean soooooo much. And Kingdom Hearts soundtracks in general :P I've been posting loads of Yoko Shimomura's music on my blog lately because it's so good to write with. I remember playing KH for the first time, not really knowing what to expect, and then that opening video had me hooked. Thanks for sharing! Are you playing 3D?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kingdom Hearts is my favorite. Am I playing 3D. Right now I'm in the Country of the Musketeers. It's so cool.

      Delete
    2. I love the music on that world! The Tron:Legacy world is my favourite ^_^

      So good to find another KH fan!

      Delete
  5. My daughter and I love to belt you to Call Me Maybe in the car. And her and her friends did the dance to Hoedown Throwdown a couple summers ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I request Hoedown Throwdown at every party and I'm the only one who knows the dance. One day I'll request it and everyone will dance.

      Delete
  6. I'm getting tired of Call Me Maybe. But I confess I have a soft spot for Cheetah girls and Miley Cirus/Hannah Montana hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is overplayed but I still love it. Disney is the best.

      Delete
  7. Hahah, Call Me Maybe is EVERYWHERE! It is quite catchy though.
    My summer playlist has been very relaxed, with one favorite song whose lyrics were penned by a YA author :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my mom even stared to singing it. Still a great song.

      Delete
  8. There was a day recently where I listened to Call Me Maybe far more times than is probably normal. Very catchy and fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mark my words, Call Me Maybe will be a classic. Okay, maybe not, but still...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Call Me Maybe is so catchy. I can't believe how many spin-offs it has already. My favorite is the Cookie Monster "Share it Maybe." Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete