Wednesday, August 22, 2012

YA Highway RTW: Love List


Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.

This Week's Topic is: Inspired by Stephanie Perkins' post on Natalie Whipple's blog, what is your novel's "Love List"?

Since my novel is a WIP I have a very short list. These are the first few things I thought of when I started.
Friendship
missed phone calls and texts
Secrets
Lies
Jealousy
Cheerleading (I just really wanted a collapsing pyramid scene)
making fun of cliches

Then I had an idea for my NaNo novel for this year. I haven't started it's just a few ideas I have. But I made a love list for it too.
Superheros
Love
A not so mild mannered secret identity
a dramatic origin story
An evil pool playing shark mob boss

What's on your "Love List"? 

Happy Reading!




15 comments:

  1. Nice list! I think we all need to make fun of cliches when we can. What are they for anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun so far! I like the idea of the collapsing pyramid scene. It's up there with the wedding cake that gets comically splattered. I'm also curious as to what an evil pool playing shark mob boss might be like. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to write this character too. This is all just in my head right now. But all I know is that he will be a mutant land shark. :D

      Delete
  3. A collapsing pyramid scene = WIN! lol
    Awesome list ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list and i so want to read the collapsing pyramid scene!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Writing it was too much fun. I had to consult my mom (who was a cheerleader in high school) about it.

      Delete
  5. Missed phone calls and a pool shark villian... I love these concepts! Looks like you have some excellent motivation! Happy writing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pumped to write my next NaNo just for the pool shark. ha ha it's literally a shark playing pool.

      Delete
  6. Making fun of cliches? Love. It. :)
    And missed phone calls and texts? I remember EXACTLY how that felt when I was a teen (well, the missed phone calls...we didn't have texts! :)) - it was as if I was missing so much more than a call!
    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I hate it when my friends don't text/call me back. it's annoying.

      Delete
  7. Missed phone calls and texts -- this is great and feels like it has a ton of potential! Good for you, gearing up for NaNo already. I told my husband I was thinking about doing it again and he nearly had a heart attack. He said, "Can't you jut finish the one you're already working on?" tee hee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mentally preparing myself for the craziness.:D

      Delete
  8. "I just really wanted a collapsing pyramid scene" BAHAHAHAHA WIN.

    ReplyDelete