Wednesday, September 24, 2014

What's Up Wednesday 9/24/14

What's Up Wednesday is a weekly meme for readers and writers to give updates on what's happening in their lives. If you want to find out to find out more check out Jaime Morrow's blog and Erin Funk's blog to sign up.


What I'm Reading: I'm still reading Underworld by Meg Cabot. But my mind is one so many new releases, that I don't own yet. (I'm talking to you Unmade)

What I'm Writing:  I just finished up the revisions. I'm going to give it one last look. This time for real. (although, it's never the last revision.) I got hit with a SNI (shiny new idea) the other day. I'm setting it aside for NaNo, but that doesn't mean I can't outline. The best part is, it's going to be a contemporary about theatre- tech theatre. I don't write much contemporary, but I know a lot about theatre. I don't know much right now, I just need a plot, conflict and some characters and I am good to go.

What Works For Me: Actually writing during the revision process. Sometimes I can't just take a draft take it a part physically with note cards and post-it's. That just drives me crazy. I just have to write and write one the same document (obviously re-saved and numbered) until I finish the draft. I know it's unorthodox, but it works for me. At least for now. I'm trying to change so maybe by draft 3 it will be good enough for CPs and Betas vs draft 5. I get stuck in my ways often and I'm working on it.

What Else I've Been Up To: Working, the real job. This week is all about meeting and learning the ropes. Other than that, nothing's new.

What's up with you? How is your week going?

Happy Reading!

6 comments:

  1. I always "write" during my revision phase too. I tend to write short first drafts, so I always end up adding more words than I cut during my revisions. Not writing during my revision would be problematic.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Constantly writing is good most of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited for UNMADE, too!

    I don't print my drafts anymore, so I do all my editing onscreen. I only take it to pieces if there's a lot of rewriting to do, otherwise I get confused!

    Best of luck planning the new NaNo project! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone has their own editing method :) Good luck with yours, and have fun outlining your NaNo SNI :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay SNI! My last round of revisions with my WIP, I ended up retyping the whole thing. I just split my screen in half and typed each chapter over. It helped me feel more comfortable making changes, adding scenes, and moving others.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Outlining before NaNo sounds like a stellar way to let this shiny new idea percolate until you're ready to dive right in. Hope that goes well and that the idea really starts to take shape before November! :)

    ReplyDelete