Wednesday, September 17, 2014

What's Up Wednesday 9/17/14

What's Up Wednesday is a weekly meme for readers and writers to give updates on what's happening in their lives. If you want to find out to find out more check out Jaime Morrow's blog and Erin Funk's blog to sign up.


What I'm Reading: I started Underworld by Meg Cabot (book 2 in the Abandoned Trilogy). Funny story, I won a signed copy of the third book Awaken last year, so for about a year I had book 1 and book 3. I just never got around to purchasing it. I did a couple months ago and I'm finally reading it. I'm trying to finish all the trilogies I own.

What I'm Writing:  I've been plucking at those beta reader notes. She's sending them in sections so I can work on them while she reads. There aren't many because I've been through so many drafts and she read an earlier draft before. I like this revision much better, I'm learning so much more about my characters. Hopefully this will be the one.

What Works For Me: Still figuring it out.

What Else I've Been Up To: Just started the new job a couple days ago. It's going well. This week is just paperwork and figuring out more about the job. Hopefully, I can get in a grove and get some writing in after work.

What's up with you? How is your week going?

Happy Reading!

12 comments:

  1. Good luck getting through the beta reader notes! Betareaders can be so helpful, and really improve your manuscript.

    My What's up Wednesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new job and good luck getting through your beta notes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. I've done that with books before. Glad you finally completed the series.
    yay for beta notes. Those are my favorite things.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you settle into your new job soon, and good luck with the editing ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for the new job! I don't really know what works for me either... lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the new job. I'm sure you will figure out what works in your new schedule soon. Clearly something is working, because it sounds like your revisions are going great. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes I think I know what works for me, other times it doesn't. I enjoyed the Abandon series, hope you do as well. Congrats on your new job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's one Meg Cabot series I actually haven't read. Will have to sometime.
    Good luck with the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's great that you're learning more about your characters through this round of revisions. Fleshing out characters is one of my favourite parts of the process. Good luck with incorporating those beta suggestions and with the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the new job, hope it goes great! I haven't read anything by Meg Cabot, but I hear good things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on the new job, Leslie! I love Meg Cabot's books, but I haven't tried her new series - I see it all the time in bookstores though, so maybe it's time I gave it a try :) Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think I've read anything by Meg Cabot, which is sort of strange now that I think about it. I should probably check her stuff out. I think it's cool that even after so many drafts of your WiP that you're still learning things about your characters. That really does make them more real, doesn't it? Hope all is going well with the new job!

    ReplyDelete