Wednesday, September 3, 2014

What's Up Wednesday 9/3/14

What's Up Wednesday is a weekly meme for readers and writers to give updates on what's happening in their lives. If you want to find out to find out more check out Jaime Morrow's blog and Erin Funk's blog to sign up.

What I'm Reading: I'm reading Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard. I bought it and tried to start it last, but my nook exploded and I'm just now getting around to reading it. I'm going to try to finish it today because I may or may not be meeting Susan and Sarah J. Maas and other YA writers today. Cross your fingers that everything works out.

What I'm Writing:  A surprise round of revisions. Making some changes for the better. I want to finish this round by the end of the week to send to my beta. Then I can finally crack open Bring Me Your Dreams. I haven't touched it since July and I'm itching to start rewriting.

What Inspires Me Right Now: 
The overwhelming support I get from my friends and writing buddies (who are my friends, but through the internet). And the online writing community in general. Wow.

What Else and I've Been Up To: 
I GOT A JOB!!!
Post college employment dance.

Yeah, I'm excited.

What's up with you? How is your week going?

Happy Reading!

11 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed on your behalf! That sounds like such a fantastic opportunity - I'm jealous either way!

    And congratulations on the job! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! congrats on the job! Hope you get to meet some fabulous YA ladies, so jealous! How exactly did your Nook explode, I'm curious. The writing community is very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny story, I have no idea. It was old and the screen just went black. I got a new one last Christmas though.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on getting a job! And on getting to meet some YA authors- how fun! The only one I've met is Maggie Stiefvater and she was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the job! Yay!
    I've been meaning to reread SOMETHING STRANGE AND DEADLY before reading the sequels. I read the first book ages ago and I barely remember what happened in it. Crossing my fingers you get to see those lovely ladies today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good. I don't think I'm going to finish before the signing. We'll see.

      Delete
  5. Congrats! What's the job? You got me all kinds of curious now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a stage management job at a community college.

      Delete