Friday, December 28, 2012

Holiday Road Trip Day 5


The Holiday Road Trip is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post several questions each day about the books you've read through the year. We have several different questions for each day. Answer one, answer a few, answer them all: anything goes! You can draw from books that were new in 2012, or ones that were new to you---this is just a great opportunity to reflect on the year of reading you enjoyed.



Today's Holiday Road Trip Questions:
- Most Anticipated Book Releases in 2013
 - Most Recommended (By You)

So I've basically just did the odd days. Anyway since it is the last day I'm answering both.

Most Anticipated Book Releases in 2013: 
Debuts:
Transparent by Natalie Whipple
Reboot by Amy Tintera 
Let the Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger

Sequels:
Untold by Sarah Rees Brennan (I finished Unspoken in basically one sitting. SO MANY FEELS)
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer (Do I have to explain?)
Shadows in the Silence by Courtney Allison Moulton (Still need to finish Wings of the Wicked though)

There are a lot of books that didn't make the cut because I could not think of them all. There are also a lot of books in 2012 that I wanted to put on the list. I'll do a separate post about that. 

Most Recommended

I'm taking this as what books I am recommending to you. I'm limiting it to 2012 releases, but it's hard because I can't remember that far back. 

Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan (SO MANY FEELS)
Cinder by Marissa Meyer 
Origin by Jessica Khoury
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (Actually I recommend anything by him)
Room by Emma Donoghue (not YA but it's one of the few assigned readings in college that I've enjoyed)

That's my list. I had a great time doing Road Trip Wednesday for YA Highway. I've made so many online friends along the way and follow some great bloggers. I can't wait for 2013.

Happy Reading!

1 comment:

  1. I forgot about SCARLET! I loooved Cinder so I'm excited to see what happens next. Great list!

    ReplyDelete