Friday, December 7, 2012

End of Semester Refletion

The semester is OVER!!!

The past five months have been insane, stressful, and wonderful all at the same time. There are things I wish I could have committed to more, like my vlog and finishing the first draft of Unremarkable. But there are also things that I am proud of accomplishing, like finishing NaNoWriMo and keeping up with this blog. All and all the first semester of my junior year was successful and I can only hope for the best second semester.

Things I want to accomplish second semester:

1. Read more: I've only read a few books this semester. I have a lot of them on my bookshelf, but I never make the time to read. I have the time, I do. But the challenge is picking up the book and actually reading. There are so many books on my TBR list, so many series I want to finish. I think next semester I should make an effort to read two books a month. In high school I read two books a week. But that was when I had all the time in the world. With my limited time, I think I can make this goal a reality. 

2. Write more: I proved I could write 50,000 words in a month. Now I need to apply everything to my daily writing routine. Finishing NaNoWriMo has put a lot in perspective. Much like reading I've always had the time to write. The challenge was just opening the document and going at it. Even though I am taking a Creative Writing course next semester, I want to make time for my own personal writing. I want to be published one day, I can't sit around saying that I'll write later. "Write Now." That's not just a motivator for me it's for you too. I don't want these bad habits bleeding into adulthood. I still think I can't get over the shock that I'll be out of school in a year in a half. I need to shape up now.

3. Be a better Leslie: This is pretty self-explanatory. I think before I could really be successful I have to be comfortable in my own skin, as a writer and as a person in general.

Well that's all the philosophy I can dish out in one post. Finals are next week and I'm going to need a lot of chocolate to survive that.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment