Monday, June 15, 2015

Ready, Set, Write! Week 2

Ready, Set, Write is a summer writing intensive hosted by Jaime MorrowErin L. FunkAllison MillerKaty Upperman and Elodie Nowodazkij Over the next few months, I'll be checking in with the ladies and other bloggers about my writing each week.

1. How I did on last week’s goals: I did all right. I focused more on edits,

2. My goal(s) for this week:  Keep writing goal applies for every week, so nothing special on that front.
I want to finish reading a book. I haven't read in awhile, so it will be a nice change of pace. I also want to add to my overall summer goals, reading at least 10 books this summer. It shouldn't be too hard.

3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised
“Keep me out of sunlight, don’t get my hair wet, and most importantly don’t ever feed me after midnight.” 

4. The biggest challenge I faced this week: This was just a busy week in general. I went out of town twice and spent a lot of time with family so not much got done.

5. Something I love about my WiP: I like to laugh when I write, so try to add a funny one-liner whenever I can.

Happy Reading!


5 comments:

  1. I also love funny one liners. The story I've been working on is more serious so Ive tried to add some humor in touches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Gremlins reference! I think "keep writing" is a fantastic goal, and really, is pretty much my goal as well. Hope we're both able to meet it this week! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Gremlins' reference too! And funny one-liners FTW! I have to add those to my stories too.

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Editing is an important part as well so focusing on that will only enhance your story! Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the idea of laughing while writing! (Often I'm just stressed that my only laughter is crazy laughter...) Fitting in a funny one-liner is a great way to do it. I might steal this idea for myself :)

    ReplyDelete