Monday, June 8, 2015

Ready, Set, Write! Goal Setting

Ready, Set, Write is a summer writing intensive hosted by Jaime Morrow, Erin L. Funk, Allison Miller, Katy Upperman and Elodie Nowodazkij

Over the next few months, I'll be checking in with the ladies and other bloggers about my writing each week. I'm so excited to do this again. It really helped me push through and finish projects last summer.

Since this is the first week, it's strictly goals, but starting next week I'll be answering these five questions.

1. How I did on last week’s goals
2. My goal(s) for this week
3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised
4. The biggest challenge I faced this week
5. Something I love about my WiP


Over all goals is to just keep writing. I am doing Camp NaNoWriMo again in July so I want to finish that project. I started it in April, but time got the best of me and I didn't reach my goal.


My goal for this week: I'm in a critique group right now and so I'm working on feedback given to me on Bring Me Your Dreams chapters. The novel I wrote last year during Camp NaNoWriMo. In return I'm critiquing their chaptesr. My other goal is to get though as many chapters as possible this week.

I'm excited to get stated.

Happy Reading!

8 comments:

  1. Awesome goals this week! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Just keep writing" is a great goal. The best of goals, actually. I'm right there with you. I've set a word count goal for the week, but mostly I just want to get some words down however many it ends up being. Good luck meeting your goal this week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy to hear that you're joining us again this summer, Leslie! Best of luck with all your goals. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck adding in the edits and critiques provided. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck incorporating that feedback and finishing up your NaNo project! Hope you have a really productive summer ahead of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with incorporating feedback this week! Hope the week is very productive for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Camp NaNoWriMo sounds so tempting, but it's not realistic for me since we're closing on our house next month. I hope it goes well for you! It's such a great accomplishment when you're able to follow through on something like that! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete