Monday, March 30, 2015

New Beginnings

Recently, Jaime and Erin closed up shop on What's Up Wednesday. It was sad to see it go, but I completely understand  their decision. WUW was my only motivation to keep blogging regularly over the past couple years. Now that it's over, I have to wonder, where do I go from here? I'm not going anywhere, obviously, I still have a lot to accomplish.

That being said, new game plan. I'm going to try to post twice a week for the month a April to test the waters.  

Monday-Weekly Writing Update. No cute name yet. I'll basically give an update on what I'm working on and my goals for the week. (Kind of like WUW, but only for writing) Hopefully as time goes by, it becomes less formulaic and more natural. I'm just testing the waters.

Friday- Friday Five: I did this in the past where I list five good things that happened during the week or new favorite things. Now seems like a good time to bring this back.

At this point, we'll see how it goes and if I can keep up with it.

What I'm Working On: I have several things on my plate. But more importantly the April Session of Camp NaNoWriMo starts on Wednesday. I have the basic plot of my MS and my two main characters mapped out. It's those little plot details and minor characters I haven't really gotten to yet.

I'm really excited to this project because I have a personal connection to it. I've been avoiding working on this for a while, but it's time for this story to come out. I'm really excited. I like to describe it as Freaky Friday meets Sister, Sister. But that's all I'm going to say for now. ;)

Goal for the Week: Starting Wednesday, my goal is to write more than the 1667 word minimum every day in April. I try to stay two days ahead to prevent falling behind, but sometimes it doesn't work out. If I start out strong an push trough I know I can do it. I'm going to get crazy busy at work by the end of the month, so staying ahead will help.

Other News: I joined a cabin created by Natasha Raulerson, one fabulous lady I follow on Twitter. She co-hosts the webshow Whiskey, Wine and Writing on Youtube. She's been getting us pumped about this session of Camp. Hopefully with word wars and the support from my cabin, I can get through this in one piece.

Well, that's it for my writing for this week, How is everyone else doing? Who's doing camp or trying to finish a manuscript in April?

Happy Reading!


3 comments:

  1. Aww thanks Leslie! You are pretty fabulous yourself! I can't wait to read your WORDS in April! Cabin of CREATIVE MISFITS FOR THE WIN! >.> Ah hem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to miss WUW, too, but I'm glad to see you'll be blogging regardless :D

    Best of luck with Camp! I'm using it to experiment with an idea or two. We'll have to see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will miss WUW too. I look forward to reading your Mon/Fri. post. Big Fan.
    m

    ReplyDelete