Wednesday, March 11, 2015

What's Up Wednesday 3/11/15


What's Up Wednesday is a weekly meme for readers and writers to give updates on what's happening in their lives. If you want to find out to find out more check out Jaime Morrow's blog and Erin Funk's blog to sign up.



What I'm Reading:
 
I read Unethical and Foolproof by my Sun vs. Snow mentor Jenn Blackwood. My first time reading NA and it did not disappoint. I'm going to attempt to reread the Harry Potter books, but I haven't actually open it...

What I'm Writing:  I finished my revision this week finally. It's still very rough. I'm at that scary point where I'm not attached, but can't move forward without some outside critique and feedback. It's weird, because in the past I didn't share my work until I was completely happy with it at like draft #5. But it was harder for me to receive critiques. But this one is different, I'm letting my baby go. I guess I'm growing and learning as a writer.

It's also, #pitmad today. I told myself no more contest, but I thought why not? It's only a day. I learned how to schedule tweets, because I'll be at my internship all day. That will keep my mind busy.

I'm also participating in the April session of Camp NaNoWriMo. I have know idea what to write. I'll either try to complete my unfinished MS from November or finally start the story the that's been in my head for years. I'm not sure what to do yet.

My goal this week is just to take it easy and not stress out. Maybe start an outline for April.

What Works For Me:  Did you really think I had an answer to this one?



What Else I've Been Up To: Working hard. It's been snowing a lot and it's finally warming up, that means my birthday is near. It's in less than 2 weeks, and I'm excited. I'm not sure what I'm going to do, but it's going to be great. Whoot.
Other than that I'm doing all right in the life department. I'm not complaining, yet.
Oh, I marathoned Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt last weekend. Soooo good. The theme has been stuck in my head for days.



Troll the respawn, Jeremy.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing your revisions and best of luck with Pitmad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope PitMad works out for you! Good luck :D

    Every book is different. Go with your gut feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so hard to know when to let go of a manuscript! I used to not share until several drafts were made, but then I've been in an in-person critique group that meets monthly, so I'm now sharing in progress stuff 1-2 chapters at a time. That sort of group is good for brainstorming and plot discussion.

    Good luck in PitMad! It's become so massive! I can't believe how big those contests have gotten. Also, twitter pitches are so tough. I tried to come up with one for my current WIP just as practice but I don't have a good one.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on finishing your revisions! :) I'd like to reread Harry Potter this year, too.

    Oh yeah! I completely forgot Camp NaNoWriMo was coming along. I've never managed to complete NaNo - I'm so, so rubbish - and considering I'm taking part in the A-Z Challenge I don't think I'll be taking part in April. Never say never, though!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on your tweets! And happy early birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on finishing up that revision! Hope you get lots of great feedback on it. Good luck with #PitMad as well. :D

    ReplyDelete