Wednesday, March 18, 2015

What's Up Wednesday 3/18/15


What's Up Wednesday is a weekly meme for readers and writers to give updates on what's happening in their lives. If you want to find out to find out more check out Jaime Morrow's blog and Erin Funk's blog to sign up.



What I'm Reading:
 
Blargh, I need to actually read.

What I'm Writing:  I finally decided what I'm going to write for the April session of Camp NaNoWriMo. The story idea has been stuck in my head for years, but I never had the drive to start it. Now I've got a spark and I'm just going to roll with it. The challenge with this novel is that it's in duel first person POV.  It's new, but I'm up for it.

My goal this week is start a basic outline and character sheets.

What Works For Me:  Learning about my characters. Before I start writing, I fill up pages in notebooks with physical descriptions, personality, objective, like and dislikes. It helps me get the voice down pact for when it's time to actually start writing. Doing two POVs means two distinct voices so that's going to be fun.  


What Else I've Been Up To: MY BIRTHDAY IS IN 2 DAYS!!!


8 comments:

  1. Hooray, glad to hear you've found a project for Camp NaNo! :) Enjoy all the planning and plotting ahead of you.

    Have a fantastic birthday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on finding your project for Camp NaNo. I've been trying to come up with a project too, but so far, no luck yet. Enjoy brainstorming your idea. :)

    My What's Up Wednesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your birthday, and good luck with the preparations for Camp NaNo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday!!! good luck with prep for Camp NaNo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay to Camp NaNo! I'm pretty sure my revisions won't be done in time to start it this year ;( But I like your brainstorming idea for new MSs. I think I'm going to do that instead of NaNo this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with 2 POV's! My last WIP was just one but I'm pretty sure I need to add the LI's POV when I go back for revisions. My issue has always been having two distinct voices, so I like your idea of all the character work.
    Have an AWESOME birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Character sheets are the best. I found one that is *really* extensive, and it's amazing the things that are popping into my head that I'll be able to work into my WiP. I should have taken a page from your book and did this *before* I started drafting, but I suppose it's better late than never, right? Hope you have an awesome week! Oh, and even more awesome birthday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I second that blargh on not reading. I haven't had time for it lately either, unfortunately. Happy early birthday and best of luck with that new story spark! :)

    ReplyDelete