Wednesday, October 22, 2014

What's Up Wednesday 10/22/14

What's Up Wednesday 10/15/14

What's Up Wednesday is a weekly meme for readers and writers to give updates on what's happening in their lives. If you want to find out to find out more check out Jaime Morrow's blog and Erin Funk's blog to sign up.
What I'm Reading: I'm still reading House of Hades by Rick Riodan. It's a library book so I have to finish it soon because it's a due next week. I've been crazy busy at work so I've been reading on the bus mostly. I'm also tempted to start Heir of Fire. I bought it yesterday and I really want to crack it open. I need to make more time for reading.

What I'm Writing:  I finally plotted my NaNo novel. It's definitely going to be a challenge because it's contemporary. But isn't that the point of NaNoWriMo? I've proven to myself that I could write a novel in 30 days, now I need to step out of my comfort zone.


What Works For Me: Quite time. When I'm alone with no distractions and no internet I can get a lot of work done. Unfortunately I don't get that kind of time often because... the internet. I think I need to find time once or twice a week to get out of the house with pens and paper just to write. It's really refreshing to get away from the computer for a while.

What Else I've Been Up To: Work has been fantastic. I have another event this weekend and next week I have to give a seminar on stage management to local middle schoolers. We're basically teaching the kids about tech theatre so they can do the stage management, lighting and sound for an artist we're bringing to their school in January. My coworkers and I will supervise them, but they're basically running the show. It's actually pretty cool.

What's up with you? How is your week going?

Happy Reading!

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear work is going well. :) I feel your pain - the internet is both a help and a hindrance.

    Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay planning for NaNo! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting that you're ready for NaNo, Leslie! Funny that you think your project will be challenging because it's contemp. Anything BUT contemp is a challenge for me! Have a great week, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting out of the house and away from distractions can be VERY helpful. :) I need to plan an outing like that soon.

    And good luck with all things NaNo! I'll be cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with NaNo. I haven't finished plotting my WIP yet and I'm nervous that I won't get it done in time to start. But I feel exactly as you do- I know I can do it, now it's time to step out of the comfort zone with something different.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quiet time works well for me, too. There are few things more detrimental to getting in the zone (for me) than noise and distractions. Good luck with NaNo! I'm hoping to be drafting by then, but I'll just be doing my own thing alongside NaNo. Have a great week! :D

    ReplyDelete