Wednesday, October 15, 2014

What's Up Wednesday 10/15/14

What's Up Wednesday is a weekly meme for readers and writers to give updates on what's happening in their lives. If you want to find out to find out more check out Jaime Morrow's blog and Erin Funk's blog to sign up.


What I'm Reading: I'm reading House of Hades by Rick Riodan. Book 4 in the Heroes of Olympus series. Blood of Olympus just came out so I don't have to worry about waiting a year for the last book.

What I'm Writing:  Revision and outlines. Nothing special. I am going to write the contemporary next month. We'll see how that goes. I need to challenge myself. 


What Works For Me: Not stressing out, that seems to work. I'm failing hard right now, but that's life. Lately the process has been getting to me. Those doubts set in and it's becoming difficult to work on a new manuscript. You hear other peoples success stories and triumphs, and as happy as you are for them, it just eats away at your brain. I have to keep pushing forward and telling myself that my time will come. Maybe not today, or with this novel or even the next one, but someday. I can't give up and I can't let this get to me.

What Else I've Been Up To: Well my new job is awesome. I worked a festival last week and the first concert of the season is on Saturday. I've been itching to get backstage. I've been in the office too long.

What's up with you? How is your week going?

Happy Reading!

8 comments:

  1. Not stressing is always easier said than done, sadly. :(

    Good luck on your contemporary book when you start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling. The thing about success stories is you don't always hear about the struggles it took to make it that far.

    Yay Olympians! I read Hades when it came out and the same for Blood last week. Such a fantastic series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally get it with the stressing. You need some cheese! (And probably a good jog around the block.) Just remember, you're allowed to write crap. Sometimes that has to happen before the muse jumps on deck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to hear that the new job is going well. Hopefully you'll get a change to get backstage soon. I know what you mean about not stressing. I often find that I get so bogged down by all of the things I need to do that I don't end up doing anything. My brain just tends to shut down when under extreme stress. Do you find that too? Hope you have a great, stress-free week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Give yourself a break! Writing is HARD. We are all learning, and if you don't give up, you will find success!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish you could just think stress away. Best of luck finding something to bring your stress levels down.

    Good luck with the NaNo prep :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to remind myself not to stress over the process too. Easier said than done though, right? It's good to hear you're enjoying your new job. Hope your revisions and outlines are going well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your new job sounds exciting! Also, my daughter is SO into that series. She just started on the Blood of Olympus. :) Also, I hear you on this: "You hear other peoples success stories and triumphs, and as happy as you are for them, it just eats away at your brain." I know it all happens for people at different times, but it is tough. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete