Wednesday, May 7, 2014

What's Up Wednesday 5/7/14

What's Up Wednesday is a weekly meme for readers and writers to give updates on what's happening in their lives. If you want to find out to find out more check out Jamie Morrow's blog and sign up.

Hello again. I'm back and better than ever. A weight has been lifted off my shoulders and I am ready to spend more time on reading, writing, and blogging. The WUW community has been so supportive and understanding over the year and I can't wait to finally be able to keep up with their blogs and work.


What I'm Reading: I've started Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins. I just started, but there are already so many feels. It feels good to get back into reading. Since I started school, I've hardly been able to read for pleasure. When i was in high school I would finish 2 books a week. I read 100 books in a year once. Those were the days. Anyway it will take me a while to get back into the groove of things.

What I'm Writing: Still no laptop. But I will be getting it back by the end of the week. Everything on my hard drive is safe thankfully. In the meantime I'm editing my printed out manuscript Suspension of Disbelief. It's going to be my new summer project. I'm actually excited to actually have time to develop the story more. Once I get my laptop back I'll start typing this new story idea. I hand wrote some of the first chapter and I'm really excited. More details later.

What Inspires Me Right Now: 
Breathing. Breathing inspires me. blerg. I'm not good with inspiration.  

What Else and I've Been Up To: I'm graduating in three days. Crazy right? i finished my last final and picked up the cap and gown. I still can't believe it. After four years of struggle, tears and stress I can finally breathe. I think the scary part of this is trying to figure out what I'm going to do with my life. I haven't worked on a show in a while and I'm itching to get back in the game. But I still need to make a living. I can't live at home with my parents forever. I'll figure it out, I'm sure. But right now I'm just enjoying the freedom.

That's my week. What's up with you? How is your week going?

Happy Reading!

5 comments:

  1. Graduation!? Yay!!
    I remember that first year, when I didn't have classes - it was a whole new world. As for figuring out what you want to do and where you're going to go - yeah. It's been 10 years and I kind of have an idea of what I want to do when I grow up. Kinda ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you do much. I'm a planner so it's kind of hard not to see what's in store for me.

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear you'll be getting your laptop back soon! And congratulations on your upcoming graduation That's a huge accomplishment. Good luck figuring out what comes after. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. :D it's been a crazy four years.

      Delete
  3. Yeah, it's no fun being without your laptop! (That's why I have backups ;) ) Best of luck with your summer project!

    ReplyDelete