Wednesday, May 21, 2014

What's Up Wednesday 5/21/14

What's Up Wednesday is a weekly meme for readers and writers to give updates on what's happening in their lives. If you want to find out to find out more check out Jamie Morrow's blog and sign up.



What I'm Reading: I'm still working on Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins. But I went to the bookstore last weekend and I picked up Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige and Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins. I devoured both books in three days. What I loved about Dorothy Must Die is the fact that it draws from the entire Wizard of Oz world from the other books. But this story adds a dark twist to the tale. I'm really excited to see the story and the world develop. I read Rebel Belle soon after. It's so funny. Unfortunately I didn't know it was part of a series, so I have to wait another year for the next book.

What I'm Writing: I got my laptop back! Whoot. I'm still working on SoD edits. I'm setting a goal to have the edits finished by Friday and type it up over the weekend. I'm going to send it to a friend or someone read it. I've been working on this for almost two years so it needs a second set of eyes before I do anything stupid like send it off. If anyone would just like to read it let me know. Once that's out of the way I'll start working on my next idea. Baby steps.

What Inspires Me Right Now: 
Getting things done. That's inspiration right?

What Else and I've Been Up To: 
I graduated college a week and a half ago.
Crazy right?
Sometimes I don't think it's real. Sometimes I think that the school is going to call me and say "Sorry Leslie, you didn't actually graduate. I'm going to have to take back the cap." It's weird. After high school graduation I knew what was next, college. Now that it's over I have my whole life ahead of me. I'm in the limbo stage with a couple of internship so I've been a little on edge these past couple weeks. Hopefully I'll hear news soon. Whether it's good or bad, I need to keep my chin up.

What's up with you? How is your week going?

Happy Reading!

10 comments:

  1. I want to read both Dorothy Must Die and Rebel Belle, so it's good to hear they're both fun reads - I wish there was enough time in the day to read all the books on my TBR!

    Congratulations on graduating! :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on graduation! You look so happy and lovely in your photo.

    And you have your laptop back! Yay :D

    Have a fantastic week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on graduation!

    Yay for having your laptop back and good luck on edits.

    I can't wait to read Rebel Belle. I love Rachel Hawkins' sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on graduating! What a huge milestone. :-) Hopefully you'll hear back from the internships soon too. Getting things done is definitely great inspiration. It often makes me want to get even *more* done. Have a wonderful week, Leslie! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on graduating! That's a big accomplishment!
    I love Rachel Hawkins and I'm still waiting for Rebel Belle from my library.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on graduating! I know what you mean about having your whole life ahead of you. Good luck with those internships!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great shot of you in your cap and gown! Congratulations on graduating! What a huge accomplishment! Best of luck figuring out what you'd like to do next and with getting your story edits done by Friday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on graduating! I graduated from university last year and I still feel like I'm in that strange in-between stage.

    Good luck with the edits! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!!! I just graduated, too. It's so exciting, and such a relief! I have that exact same feeling that the school will call me like "Haha jk you forgot to do this thing, can we have your diploma back?" or that I'll wake up and it will all be a dream.

    Hopefully now you can wind down a bit and pat yourself on the back. :) Best wishes with your writing and everything!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your graduation! :)

    I just read DOROTHY MUST DIE, too, and I loved some of the twists the story took on the original story. It's definitely dark...the parts about the Scarecrow really creeped me out!

    ReplyDelete