Wednesday, September 18, 2013

What's Up Wednesday 9/18/13

What's Up Wednesday is a weekly meme for readers and writers to give updates on what's happening in their lives. If you want to find out to find out more check out Jamie Morrow's blog and sign up.


What I'm Reading:
 
I'm still reading The Mark of Athena. I haven't really had much time other than my 15-20 bus rides everyday. I'm about 4/5 finished. It's getting really good. I just need to buckle down and finish it up. House of Hades doesn't come out until October so I have about three weeks inbetween books.

What I'm Writing: That brief writing break turned into a long writing break. College drains me. I have to get back to that balance. I can do it. I'm just a little lazy. I've been thinking about whether or not to do NaNoWriMo. I have my novel idea, I'm just not sure if I want to spend November being stressed out about NaNo and the play I'm stage managing. This story is such a personal story for me, I don't think it can be rushed. On the other hand I have a bad track record with starting novels and not finishing them. I'm kind of a at a loss right now.

What Inspires Me Right Now: I'm drawing some personal experiences for the new novel. That's inspiring right?

What Else and I've Been Up To: I'm about three weeks into classes and I am beat. In less than two weeks I start rehearsals. But I've been sending emails and doing paperwork since classes started and I still have a lot to do. YAY responsibility.

What's up with you? How is your week going?

7 comments:

  1. i love anything greek mythology related so I'll have to check out The Mark of Athena. I can't imagine balancing college and writing. Let me know if you do NaNo, I'm still debating it over. and using personal experience is definitely inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Start with the Percy Jackson Series, Mark of Athena is the third book in a spin-off series called Heroes of Olympus. Both series are amazing though.

      Delete
  2. I know what you mean about Nano I keep thinking will I won't I, but I dunno I am really trying to polish up a novel now, not sure I want to start another one while I am still in that process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous you can read on a bus!

    Finding the balance is not as easy as others may think it is. You'll get there when you can :)

    Best of luck with all your classes and college life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely doing Nano, but I've finished my degree so I can put my full concentration into it (except when I'm at work!) Do what's best for you; if you think it'll stress you out too much, don't do it. You could try setting your own goals, instead, so you don't rush it.
    Good luck with finding the balance :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow--you have a lot of demands on your time at the moment, Leslie. Don't feel bad if you don't think NaNo's right for you this year. The worst reason to do it is because you think you ought to. If it won't benefit you or your story, then give it a miss. That's what I say, and I'm a big fan of NaNoWriMo. But only if your heart's in it, otherwise you'll not complete it and you'll feel like you've wasted your time. And you don't need that on top of everything else.

    I hope you find time and energy to get a comfortable balance between school and writing. Have a great week, Leslie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finish Strong. Go IU!

    ReplyDelete