Wednesday, September 11, 2013

What's Up Wednesday 9/11/13

What's Up Wednesday is a weekly meme for readers and writers to give updates on what's happening in their lives. If you want to find out to find out more check out Jamie Morrow's blog and sign up.


What I'm Reading:
 
I'm finishing up The Mark of Athena, the third book in the Hero's of Olympus series. I actually like this one a little more than the other two because it's less background information and everybody's on the same page.  I'm not sure what to start next. I might get a library card soon. If I have time.

What I'm Writing: I'm currently on a brief writing break. I've been having computer troubles and I saved my novel on a jump drive, but I've misplaced it. I'm not terribly concerned. It's still in my house. The question for me is whether or not to continue on my computer, (which is currently working, but still having issues) or start working from my jump drive. YAY choices.
I'm about to start drafting and new novel and a play. I'm still not sure if I'll participate in NaNoWriMo this year. It literally begins during tech week. I might need to keep my sanity.

What Inspires Me Right Now: Nothing. I'm not writing.

What Else and I've Been Up To: College. I've been extremely busy with classes, theatre, and socializing. Rehearsals start for the show I'm stage managing in less than three weeks. Right now it's the calm before the storm. I'm still doing paperwork and all that jazz. My computer troubles are freaking me out a bit though. I stage managed my first play when my computer broke the first time. That was an epic struggle. I cannot do it again.

What's up with you? How is your week going?

3 comments:

  1. I really liked The Mark of Athena too! Have you read any of the Septimus Heap books? I enjoyed them a lot, as well as the Grimm Sister books.

    Hope your show goes off without a hitch. I was a stage manager in college too! It was the best three years of college and a great way to enjoy the theater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife and oldest daughter are enjoying the Heroes of Olympus series. I read the first Percy Jackson story, and while I enjoyed it, it's not a series I really got into.

    I hope you manage to resolve your computer woes soon, Leslie--for the sake of your novel and the play!

    Have a productive week with whatever you're doing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your computer troubles are solved soon! And wow, stage management sounds so intense. Best of luck with that, too :)

    ReplyDelete