Wednesday, August 21, 2013

What's Up Wednesday 8/21/13

What's Up Wednesday is a weekly meme for readers and writers to give updates on what's happening in their lives. If you want to find out to find out more check out Jamie Morrow's blog and sign up.

What I'm Reading: I have to return my books to the library today. I just started Jessica Spotswood's Star Cursed and I need to finish it before I leave. But I have a million things to do today. When I go back to school reading time is limited. I have so many books I bought over the past three year that I haven't touched. I'm determined to finish them all before I graduate.
What I'm Writing: I've been a little slow this week. The good news is I finally got passed a scene I was stuck on for days. The bad news is I changed a lot in that scene so everything from then on had to be altered in some ways. I had to go back a couple times keep up with continuity. My plan was to get this round done before I head back to school, but that's not happening. So new goal. Finish this round before classes start and life gets crazy..
In other news, I have this new idea for a story in the back of my head. But there is another idea floating around too. I don't know which on to work on first. One is a contemporary with a hint of fantasy (Magical Realism I guess? I hate labels.) The other is a fun, quirky fantasy. I'm going to do a rough outline of both of them and choose from there. I'll start working on it after I finish the next round of edits and send it to my imaginary Beta Reader. I should really get on that. I have a hard time keeping CPs and Betas.

What Inspires Me Right Now: Nothing. Why do I even bother. If I was inspired this round of edits would be done by now. :(

What Else and I've Been Up To: Packing. Packing. Packing. I've mentioned this three times already, but I'm going back to school! I have some much work do do before classes start on Monday. This weekend is loaded with auditions, call backs, more auditions and several meetings. I won't have a moment to relax until Labor Day. I'm dead serious. That's my life, I have to get used to it. Getting back to school will be great. It's my senior year! I'm so close to being done. If I can pass two more semesters of Italian. These past three years have flown by so fast. It's kind of scary, but awesome at the same time.

What's up with you? How is your week going?

6 comments:

  1. Good luck getting ready for going back to school! I hope you find some inspiration for your edits this week--and have some time to relax and recharge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Over a year ago, I had six ideas on the backburner for the next story, started jotting down notes for the three that seemed to dominate the brain, and eventually one surfaced to the forefront of my mind. Hopefully that will happen for you too! And yes - I have a very hard time labeling my stories. They are contemporary with a magical twist and I'm not ever sure if that's enough to label it Magical Realism, but that's what I go with.

    I too hope you find something inspiring this week! And good luck with prepping for school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in the midst of editing/revising, and trying to fend off new ideas. I can't get distracted by new ideas otherwise I'll never finish what I'm working on!

    Clearly things are really busy for you right now, Leslie. No wonder you're having a hard time finding inspiration. I hope it comes to you soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the packing, and I hope things start to go better with your edits. That stage of the process can be so tough. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep it up and don't give up hope, I'm sure you can do it! Good luck with your packing and going back to school :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for getting past such a tough scene. Hope you're able to squeeze in some good solid writing time before classes start. Have I mentioned that I'm envious of all of you folks going back to school? I miss being a student every day. That's so cool that you're taking Italian! I've kind of wanted to learn for some time now. I grew up learning French, and there are a lot of similarities. Have a great week, Leslie! :D

    ReplyDelete