Friday, April 10, 2015

Friday Five: Looking Forward to the Weekend

Yes, that was a Rebecca Black reference. So sue me. Why am I looking forward to the weekend? Well I have a lot to do and it's

1) Today I will be seeing Hamlet at a local theatre and I am so excited. I've seen Hamlet a couple times, this one however has a female Hamlet. A black female Hamlet. It's going to be good. Representation matters.

2) In addition to seeing Hamlet today, there is a reception before the show for young professionals. I really need to network if I want to break into the theatre scene here. I've done a little here and there, but this is my first "event." It's going to be fun.

3) Saturday will be my catch up day for NaNoWriMo. Because of work, and other things, I decided to cut back my word count to 30,000 word this month. I feel as if a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. More details on Monday.

4) On Sunday I'll be ushering for A Midsummer Night's Dream at another theatre company. Midsummer is my favorite of Shakespeare's comedies.This is stuff I should have been doing when I moved here. It was just a matter of time and money. I still don't have much free time or money for that matter, but when you usher you see the show for free and I'm doing a matinee so I was able to fit it in.

5) In between all of this I'm going to attempt to finish Heir of Fire I've been reading chapters here and there, but I've never took the time to really get into it. I know when I do, I'll get sucked in and finish in no time.

Bonus:

 


No comments:

Post a Comment