Wednesday, February 4, 2015

What's Up Wednesday 2/4/15

What's Up Wednesday is a weekly meme for readers and writers to give updates on what's happening in their lives. If you want to find out to find out more check out Jaime Morrow's blog and Erin Funk's blog to sign up.



What I'm Reading:
 
I just bought Fairest by Marissa Meyer. IT WAS SO GOOD. I was concerned about reading a novel from the POV of the series' antagonist. I didn't want to like her, especially Marissa created a well rounded character, I understand her and her motives, but in the end, she is a villain, I want to see her defeated.  It's surprisingly short for a Lunar Chronicles book, I finished it on the bus.
I also have so many half started books that I need to dive into. I need a weekend devoted to reading.

What I'm Writing:  I made it into the Sun vs. Snow contest. I'm reppin' Team Sun and I'm so freaking excited. My awesome mentor Jen Blackwood and I have been emailing back and forth about my entry to make it perfect for the agent round next week.
This really gave me the boost of confidence I needed. Trying to break into this industry is so difficult, and at times the process gets to you. I just have to keep reminding myself that it's so subjective. All I can do is keep writing and growing. It only takes one yes.

What Works For Me: Blarg. Um actually writing?

What Else I've Been Up To: I've been keeping myself busy with work, the internship and writing.

What's up with you? How is your week going?

Happy Reading!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting into SunVsSnow!!! I really hope it works out for you :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting into Sun vs. Snow! That's awesome! And I'm right there with you on the "actually writing" thing. Yep. Have a wonderful week! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, I'm glad to hear FAIREST was really good! I need to order myself a copy asap!

    Congratulations on making it into Sun vs. Snow! I hope that's a great experience for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on getting into Sun vs Snow! That's fantastic! :)

    I can't wait to read Fairest. Have a great week and good luck with the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited to read Fairest! And congratulations on making it into SunvsSnow! That's awesome. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on Sun vs Snow!

    I'm reading SCARLET now and I was definitely hesitant when I found out FAIREST is from the antagonist's perspective. I feel a bit better about eventually getting around to reading it now, though.

    ReplyDelete