Wednesday, January 28, 2015

What's Up Wednesday 1/28/15

What's Up Wednesday is a weekly meme for readers and writers to give updates on what's happening in their lives. If you want to find out to find out more check out Jaime Morrow's blog and Erin Funk's blog to sign up.

After a long blogging hiatus, I'm back at full swing-ish

What I'm Reading:
 
I just bought Fairest by Marissa Meyer. I love the Lunar Chronicles. When I heard that we would be getting prequel before the last book, Winter comes out, I immediately thought "I CAN'T WAIT THAT LONG!" But I'm excited to read more about the villain of the tale. Plus, we still get to meet Winter.

What I'm Writing:  Revising the novel I wrote over the summer. I want to finish these revisions within the next few weeks. I have to make an effort not to go at a glacier pace when working on a revisions.

What Works For Me: I still don't like this question, because I'm still figuring it out.

What Else I've Been Up To: I recently started an internship at a local theatre. I still have my day job, but this is giving me a great opportunity to network with more professionals in my field.

If you follow me on Twitter, you know I entered the Sun vs. Snow pitch contest. I'm having a good time bonding with the other participants on Twitter. We won't know who gets selected until next week, so cross your fingers.

What's up with you? How is your week going? Seriously, let me know. I feel like I've lost touch with this crew.

Happy Reading!

13 comments:

  1. It's nice to see you blogging! It has been a while. Revisions can be tough to stay motivated with, so good luck getting them done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I'm very jealous! I really want to get my hands on Fairest, but my mum can't remember if she pre-ordered it for me for Christmas or not, so I have to wait and see if it suddenly turns up on my doorstep before I try buying a copy of it myself. I can't wait to read Levana's story. :)

    Internships can be a great opportunity to do something you love or try something new that you've always wanted to try, and it's good to hear you're enjoying yours. :) Best of luck with the contest and with your revisions - you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read FAIREST!

    Best of luck with the contest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck with Sun Vs Snow! And I hope the editing runs smoothly for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for entering Sun vs. Snow! I am on Team Sun as a mentor. Looking forward to reading all the entries. I hope your editing goes smoothly and I just started CRESS so I am a bit behind on the Lunar Chronicles :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with Sun v. Snow!
    I too always have to force myself not to go a glanciers pace with revising. It's so easy to just start skimming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crossing my fingers for you re: Sun vs. Snow! Best of luck with your revisions, and congrats on your internship. Have a great week, Leslie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck to your revisions and internship! I saw the new Lunar Chronicle book in the store yesterday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope the revisions go well. I know what you mean about moving at a glacial pace. I'm like that, too! Good luck with Sun v. Snow! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm the same with the "What works for me" question, I never know what to write! Good luck with your revisions :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My reaction when I heard about FAIREST was the same as yours. I wanted WINTER in my hands asap, but I'd love to read as many Lunar Chronicles as Marissa Meyer will write! Good luck revising your WIP in the next few weeks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck on revisions! And you're right, the "what works for me" question is a tough one. I hope you find something that works for you soon.

    My What's Up Wednesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That book looks great! I'll be sure to check it out. Quick question, does it have rabbits in it?

    ReplyDelete